or Connect

Posts by kazkioken

I'm using an Epson 8350, I could ship the screen but since I do not have the original packing material it would be very costly to buy and pack the necessary boxes and container as the components are so large
$900 I'm selling my 100" Black Diamond to make room for a Zero Edge. This is the deluxe velvet frame version with the .8 screen - it's in excellent condition and has been babied. Want to move it fast to get the new screen, local pickup in Los Angeles only (downtown LA). Verified Paypal transaction or cash on pickup. Please PM with any questions ps the pictures show white paper on the lower corners to show the absolute white in the room for comparison
...and a third confirmation with some other little bits of info: -the 1.4 gain screen does not vignette as much as the .8, and after seeing both screens in my house (since I have both) I would have just gotten the 1.4 the first time around. The .8 is a tad darker in material but for all intents and purposes I like having the extra punch of the 1.4 - again this is in a "regular" home context, non-optimized rooms with white walls, etc. The extra gain seems to do more to...
I have a fixed frame BD .8 in the bedroom (posted pics earlier in the thread) and just installed a Zero Edge 1.4 108" in the living room. OMG. This is the best money I've spent in a long time. It's simply beautiful. How much is a 108" lcd or plasma? I've got this paired with a cheap Panasonic AR100U and even with this lower priced projector the image is amazing. I've got all sorts of light spill, reflections, silver blinds, white walls, etc. and it doesn't...
further clarification on #4 of my post above about the black bars still being visible - testing last night concludes it is due to two things: the absolute black level of the projector is not 100% black and the screen reflects this light as it should...also there is light spillage from the blinds and windows of the street lights (that are actually quite bright) at night coming onto the screen and reflecting back. The entire wall that the screen sits on gets light hitting...
more examples
My previous screen was an 80" Carada with a 1.0 gain material using an Epson 8350. For the price and for the bedroom it was a great combination of bang for the buck. You can get better black level performance but the 8350 is such a killer picture for the price. I decided to go even bigger, basically taking almost the entire wall that faces the bed...definitely too large it's almost a 1:1 ratio of screen width to viewing distance...but we wanted maximum effect and...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post21692045 Hey there, I also own both...the 8350 and just got the AR100. While your setup is light controlled I think with the size of your screen you could benefit from some more brightness based on your comment. The 8350 in my bedroom is only shooting to a 65" screen so it is very punchy - I tried it out on my living room screen around 100" and it lost enough brightness for me to consider getting something else and I'm really...
I thought I'd post some pics for people to see what it looks like in the daytime. This projector is a light canon lol. Excuse the mess, but the first picture is in bright daylight with the blinds directly next to the screen open and shining on the screen. The AR100 overpowers it and it's not a great calibrated picture, but for daytime tv viewing it's pretty amazing. The second picture shows daytime with all of my interior lights on. As you can see using Dynamic is a...
I just got the thing mounted and turned on, I'll post a pic tomorrow it was super easy. Just stuck a wooden panel on the metal plate, drilled holes to adapt the new projector. Wow is this thing ever bright...with all my interior lights on and the AR100 in dynamic mode it can almost fool you into thinking it's a flat panel. I have a 98?100?" Greyhawk and the black levels on cinema mode are wonderful. Really with all the light leakage and reflections in my living room I...