or Connect

Posts by kazkioken

Wow! Thanks so much for everyone's feedback...since I posted I've been perusing the DIY section and I think I have some ideas on what to do. I can't really use the mirror idea because of how the thing is mounted, and I am already using an Isco II lense which already expands the image horizontally on my projector. I guess what I couldn't envision is how to add masking without making my screen look like some kind of DIY accident nightmare, or having the masking itself not...
I have a (I think) 92" diagonal 16:9 Stewart Greyhawk permanent fixture with Velux trim. Having recently moved the projector is now in a smaller room, and is closer than before. The result is that at the largest zoomed out picture possible the screen is larger than the image thrown by about 6 inches all around. What have people done in these scenarios besides buying a new screen? Do people trade screens? Does Stewart take it back and make it smaller for a fee? (I am...
I've had my trusty HT200 that I bought from AV Science few years back and have enjoyed every moment of it - that being said I've had an itchy trigger finger to get something new for a while. Each new 720P DLP upgrade makes me want one, but I'm pretty set on waiting for a 1080P DLP when available. In the meantime...if any of you have had the chance of owning or seeing a Sim2 HT200 (not the DM this is the 800x600) as well as the newer SVGA DLP's then I'd love to hear...
Well just to make sure you have done the obvious, isolate the problem between the box or your projector. If you know it is only on certain channels, and other HD channels do not do this, then I would suspect it is not your projector but the box, the feed, or the source. When you see the screendoor effect happening hit the info button on your remote and see what type of signal your projector is getting from the box. It may say it is getting a different resolution that...
As a fellow 400Q owner (I even had one of the first whisperflow boxes) I can very much understand what you are asking and where you are coming from. I moved from a W400Q to a 10HT, then to my current Seleco HT200, and soon am moving to an HD2+ unit. As per your request for "progress" I would say much progress has been made...so much so that it's kind of staggering for those who have not seen the latest in digital projectors. Within the LCD, DLP, and LCOS technologies...