or Connect

Posts by sog35

this is the type of stealth racism I'm talking about.BTW. I am Asian. I am also White. I can see both sides.
I've already linked 10 articles that called out this movie. A ton of my Asian/Black/Mexican friends were offended. Korean community groups have boycotted.What makes you the judge of what is offensive or not? It makes to laugh and cry when non-Asian people tell Asian people what should be offensive and what should not be.AGAIN: Why was there no Blackface in the movie? Answer that question and you will see why we are made at Yellowface in CloudAtlas.
The movie does not follow the book. The slaves in 19th century suppose to be Polynesian NOT Black. Its not like they had to follow the book EXACTLY.And its not like every character was in EVERY SINGLE time line or played a promient role in EVERY SINGLE time line. Look at Doona Bae. She only played one big (Korea) and two tiny role as a white lady and I think a mexican lady. Why couldn't they do the same with a Korean/Asian actor? He could be the hero in Seoul, a...
They have not expressed in a PUBLIC FORUM. But its from my Asian friends. Many of them were disgusted with the movie and the yellowface. Will they go out and protest? No. But they were ANGRY.I never said my view was the view of the world. It is not. Many people are not offended by the movie. But I know many Asians are. I've already linked about 10 articles of people who were offended. Many of my Asian/Black/Mexican friends were also offended.Try ask any of YOUR...
Find me 10 articles from the internet that show NewYorkers were offended and called Iron Sky racists. You are just making things up at this point.I won't apologize until you admit that you were wrong in saying 'tough sheet' to those who are offended by racist roles in hollywood. Are you Black? Are you Mexican? Are you Korean. No you are not. Has your people been under forced slavery in the past? Have they been thrown in prison, raped, murdered just because their skin...
Give me a break. You experience racism in San Fran. Cry me a river. Tell that to Blacks in the South who had decades of Slavery and then Segregation. Tell that to Asian who were SENT TO PRISON and lost their business during WW2 just because they were Asian.Doona Bae did not portrail a Black slave.In fact no actor/actress was given makeup to look black. Why? Answer that question and then you will know why many are mad at the yellowface.
I have not read the book.But I know for a FACT that the book does not have the same soul LOOK THE SAME. They are identified by the birthmark as the same soul. IMO 'dressing up' the same actor as different races cheapens the experence. It is more distracting than anything else. Look how they did it in The Fountain. No need to resort to halloween makeup.
No one was offended with the yellow face? I did a quick search and there a ton of articles that are calling out this movie. I could go on and on but that should be a good sample. There are also other articles that say Cloud Atlas is NOT racist. Funny thing? All those articles were written by NON-ASIAN people. Pro tip; for many Asian cultures they would say NOTHING even if they were EXTREMELY offended. Japanese culture is to save face and keep your honor and not...
this is silly.Did the actor who played Jesus have to wear extremely HEAVY makeup and prostetics?Did the Australian have to wear HEAVY makeup and prostetics?Anyone can have an Austrialian accent. If you are Asian/Black/Hawaiian and were raised in Australia you would have an accent.Many Australians and Americans are the SAME RACE. Many are from England/western europe.Your other examples are just plain silly and have nothing to do with RACISM and you know it.Let me guess:...
i said that because it was mentioned that having the same actor playing different roles was part of the book.