or Connect

Posts by steady teddy

I'm working on setting up an appointment to audition the RBH Reference SX-8300/R...
Finally had a chance to audition the F208's today. It's been a very long time since I've demoed new speakers. I've had my Def Tech BP 2000tl's for about 15 years. I brought along a bunch of CD's from my collection and all I can say is-WOW! Listening those tracks, songs that I've heard hundreds of times, I was hearing things I've never heard before. I would imagine if I did decide on getting the F208's I would have to listen to every CD in my massive collection again to...
Thanks but I was hoping to drive someplace closer. I'm about 25 miles north of Detroit.
Anyone in southeast Michigan own a pair of F208's and willing to demo them? I'll bring your favorite beverage...
Not sure if you found a solution yet but I have a couple of Seagate 4TB external hard drives and was also looking for a work around for this issue. I found what appears to be a fix for non WD drives in another forum: You have to format the hard drive using the Dune player (NTFS). I have been transferring files to a new 4TB Seagate hard drive and so far there are no problems with my Dune H1. Of course this is a major PITA if you already have a large number of files stored...
Thanks, I tried that but it didn't help. I turned my iPhone off and I am constantly rebooting my laptop. Both my iPhone and iTunes on my laptop were recognizing the 8801 (at least it was showing up on both devices) but apparently not the other way around.Thanks for the info. I've had the 8801 for several months and never had a problem (save for a few hiccups) with Airplay until yesterday. I'll have to check into this to see if it's the same issue on my router settings....
All of a sudden, the Airplay function has stopped working on my 8801. I can't get it to work from either my iPhone 5 or iTunes from my laptop. Everything was fine yesterday and I've not changed any settings. I've already reset the router and modem. Internet radio works fine on the unit and I can play music from my laptop using Windows Media player through the Network menu. Any ideas?
Thanks for the info! Now that I know what the issue is I'm willing to deal with it. I prefer an ethernet connection over WiFi and it doesn't happen enough to be that much of a problem.
I've been having an intermittent problem with my 55" HX950 display powering off for about a second or two and then back on by itself. It usually happens when the set is first powered on after about 5 minutes. The Sony logo will appear as if the TV is first being powered on. After that, I could leave the TV on all day and I won't see it happen again. Again, it only powers off and on for about a second but it is kind of annoying. I have two identical HX950's side by side...
Not if you can get the Marantz below MSRP, then it's no contest IMO! I recently sold my 5308CI with the upgrade and switched to a Marantz 8801. I purchased it from Mike Garrett at AVS directly and the price was well worth it. I suggest you contact him before considering Integra. Can't comment on the Marantz amp. I bought an Emotiva XPR-5 amp during their Summer sale and I'm very happy with this combo. Check out the 8801 thread and you'll see many happy owners.