or Connect

Posts by WoRkZ

Exactly. And I plan on building my next HTPC around a current generation chipset with a good integrated GPU... so it should run the couple of games I like playing on the HTPC (I don't play often anyway). But since all my content goes through my HTPC, I still wouldn't buy a TV that wouldn't display it like it should. Of course, my 720p content is scaled... but it is so by the PC, so I have control over everything. I give myself a couple of weeks to find the best price on...
In some instances I have used the 1:1 mode on smaller resolutions on my old Acer, for instance when playing games since my HTPC is not the most powerful machine there is... and I hate looking at a rescaled image. But you're right, as long as it does at least 1:1 on its native resolution, I will be a happy camper. Anyway, I plan on upgrading my HTPC in the coming months... it should be much more powerful on the graphics side (since right now it is running on a integrated...
This is invaluable info! Many thanks for your contribution to my quest for a suitable TV! What do you mean by "Overscan is an option"? Did you mean to say it can be disabled? If so, this kind of contradicts what their support rep told me... but then again, do support reps really know what they are talking about most of the time... (I know, my brother was one for a couple of years) You're right, I realize that hoping for a real 1:1 capable TV is simply wishful thinking. In...
Great info! Thanks a lot! So you think this applies to any Samsung model out there? I'd rather buy a Samsung... Sony are expensive. I'm sure they are good products, but I'd rather not spend that much... I think I'll go to Best Buy this evening and check if the Samsung models still have this PC mode capability... I'll keep you posted.
It took more than two full days for LG to get back to me... only to provide this answer:Of course, I have asked for a much more precise answer, including assurances that the image sent in the TV's native resolution is actually displayed as is on screen. Will update this post when (if) I get a satisfying answer back.
That would be ideal, yes. My old Acer does that. But I would settle for 1:1 when feeding it its native resolution... which isn't easy to find/confirm already. So it appears my chances of finding one that will display any resolution 1:1 are almost nonexistent. But it's not that important... as long as it does 1:1 correctly on native res (which I absolutely need to confirm before buying). I wrote to Home Theater magazine... maybe someone there knows about this.
And now for the lamest answer yet!Yeah, thanks Samsung! I will make sure NOT to buy any of your products...
Here's what I gto from Panasonic. I don't need to tell you I'm not buying a Panasonic TV any time soon...No word from Samsung yet. But I predict I will get the same kind of answers I got from Panasonic.
I have started contacting manufacturers to try and establish if any of their products will do 1:1 on a HDMI input from a PC (using the TV's native resolution, of course). Since there doesn't seem to be anyone who has thorougly researched this before, I will keep this thread updates as a reference for members who would liike the info later on.Here's the reply I got from Sony. This is no definitive assurance that the TV would display exactly what I sent it through HDMI......
VERY INTERESTING! THANKS! I will investigate this further... this sounds like a really good option for me!I don't mind loosing picture settings since I don't use them anyway: I normally calibrate the display using my USB color probe. It does a much netter job than looking at color bars anyway...