or Connect

Posts by dschoemaker

My own experience was installling a Dalite Da-Snap screen in my own home over a decade ago. This was my very first HT and I included it in having our home basement finished (kind of / maybe so the wife didn't know how much all the audio/video equipment cost). The screen alone was around $1,100.00. So I pull out the instructions and read to myself and my brother (who was helping me) how to put the frame together and snap the screen into the frame. I also note the...
It's $5.00 OFF the price, not $5.00 for the adapter.
I am going to watch this thread to see what recommendations pop up. I'm basically at the same point as the OP and would appreciate seeing what is suggested, especailly the getting from PC to TV part. Thanks for all the folks who take the time to answer.
Will you ever be using the two setups simultaneously? Highly unlikely. Will go with your B setup. I REALLY like the idea of being able to use a shared sub. The only potential pitfall I see for your setup is that the receiver will not downconvert HDMI video to component output. So any sources you want to run to the projector (with component) need a component video connection. Any HDMI sources will only run to the plasma out the HDMI monitor output. Ouch......
Yes Batpig that is the goal 5.1 on projector and 2-channel on the Plasma. I don't think I need 5.1 surround sound on the TV, but the boys do and they want me to bag the theater idea so they can blow each other up in 5.1 ... not going to happen. I spent a lot of time at work today reading your terrific website. Printed the main part out and the Zone 2 part. Denon should hire you for a re-write of that POS manual. I have two good speakers ready to go up for L and R of...
Hello all. I've been a member for quite a while, but mainly just to read and drool. I have just received a 789 as a gift to replace a 10 year old Harmon Kardon. I have a large room which has a ceiling mounted SharpVision projector set up on the short branch of an "L" shaped room. At one time we used it a lot, but it hasn't seen a lot of use the last few years. I used the HK in a tower set up with 5.1 sound, a cable box, a DVR and a CD player. The HK was located...
You shouldn't have any problems with this set if you don't leave it on one scene and walk away. My teens play all the time on theirs with an X-box and PS2 and we don't have a problem.
I've been a Replay guy for years. I have two Showstoppers that I put larger HD's into and that's been getting me by for almost a decade. No monthly charge.... I'm lovin it. After poking around a bit I've decided my best bet might be a HTPC, er two of them actually. One very nice one which can get HDTV and record the premium stations upstairs and a second one down in the kids area. I have a Pentium III I can use for the kids area and I'm going to use that project...
Hmm... my wife is getting an X-box 360 also and I want to buy her a nice 40 inch LCD or Plasma. I'd be VERY open to any suggestions. Thanks. Don.
Didn't see any answer in faq to this. I recently got a second Showstopper (80 hours - Unit #2). I plugged it into the same system (inputs, power, outputs, IR cable blaster) as my current Showstopper (120 hours - Unit #1) and the IR blaster does not work on my General Instruments Cable Box. Went through set up as normal and set the Cable Box code the same as Unit #1.... no joy. Unplugged it all and put unit 1 back on line - worked fine. Took unit #2 and plugged it...