or Connect

Posts by GetGray

The farther away, the more diffuse the resulting wash pattern. It's a personal taste thing. In those photos, the top of the crown is 1.5" from the ceiling. Enough to get a tiny roller in there if it ever had to be repainted (a nightmare in a space that tight to do right). But in that room, space was limited. The tops of those gussets were about 4" from the ceiling IIRC. Sorry, no closeups of the gussets. They are just poplar triangles with a small poplar piece the...
When I do it, I use a jig and build some little gussets. I place a base on the bottom, then "hook" the gusset assembly on the top of the (upside down) base. That ensures the angled surface of the gusset is even all the way across ths span. Then I attach the crown to those gussets, which allow me to face nail, leaving the top open. The gussets result in a "shelf" where you can lay an aluminum strip with LED strip lights stuck to it. You can treat those aluminum...
Look like a great match for the room.
And, on a relatively smaller screen, he should be able to go low power and full iris on, giving a outstanding CR while still being bright. Should be beautiful.
Wait until all dust has cleared. Patience, you are almost there.
No, I don't use 3D so the Dune has met my needs. It's not perfect, but it will play about anything I watch and I converted my BRD's to mkv which typically cuts them in half on size (with no reencoding). I use the Mymovies interface which is decent on the dune with my 5x11 covers modification. It's not perfect, but it was way better than the HTPC experience. And it allows flexibility that I can't get with K. So for me, for now, I haven't been looking to change. ...
And... This is about showing your 2.35 theater, it is not a screen shot thread. PLEASE, start a new thread, for same...
Hey guys, you are WAY off topic here. Go back and read post one for instructions on what this thread is for. It used to be managed and limited, and would still be except the manager left. Please limit posts to showing your theater. To discuss a theater, start a new thread and there you can have a robust conversation about the details. Please delete the off-topic posts as I will this one later... If you don't and don't follow these rules, the thread will become...
I agree with that. I loved DNP's full screen masking. If I was going to build one, I'd probably shoot for full screen closure.
Yes, but with what screen material? If it's a unity gain or has no directionality, then the screen itself will wash out (light up) the unused sides.