or Connect

Posts by jasper2

I have two 50xx units, a 200GB and a 750. I'm bummed to say the least.
Update - My 640 GB 5040 with the dual WD3200JB drives is still working fine. I have had the occasional reboot here and there (including during recordings ) but it is very infrequent - cooling issues maybe? I've found as with most replays recoding shows nearly to capacity can aggravate bad behavior but with at least 20GB free space the unit works well. I record everything at medium quality. I've been trying to get ahold of a pair of WD5000JB drives for my second unit...
Up till a few months ago I' d have agreed wholeheartedly with you Kwad - Over the years I've seen a lot of failed PC drives most of which were WD. That seems to be changing. I have two 5040s which I upgraded with WD3200JB drives, one with a single drive, the second with a pair for a total of 640GB. I was worried about the extra current draw and subsequent heat output of the second drive but have not had any notable problems. Both units have been working very well and...
Are you sure about the power draw being the problem? I could be off base here but the specs I read don't show this drive as beign that much more of a current draw than a 200GB st3200822A of which many people have as a dual drive configuration in their replays. Anyone else have any luck with this drive in a 5000 series replay yet?
Be aware that some retailers offer the retail boxed version of this drive (WD3200JBRTL) which carries only a one year warranty. The one at Newegg is an OEM version (WD3200JB) which has the 3 year warranty. I purchased one of these drives from Newegg and put it in my 5040 a few months ago - it's been working great! I have about 300hrs at standard quality and about 1/2 that at medium. I've been taking advantage of the extra space since upgrading to an Olevia 542i. I've...
I've found I'm having a similar problem with my 542i coupled to my PNY GeForce Nvidia 6800 card. It looks fine at 1280 x 768 @ 60Hz but when I try to send it a signal at 1360 x 768 at 60Hz I get a fuzzy screen that is compressed to be narrower than the 1280 setting. I've tried customizing the timings but have not found any settings that work. I've updated the 542i's firmware but that didn't help either - anyone have any ideas?
Hi, I bought one of these drives (Chinese made seagate ST3400620A, 400GB, 16MB cache) from Outpost a few weeks ago and I've been having a hard time getting it to work correctly in my 5040. My problem is that the replay randomly reboots while recording. I'm upgrading from a Hitachi 180GB drive that I put in myself so I've down this road before. I used v2.5.1 of RTVPatch and mirrored the MPEG partition to the new drive. The mirror didn't work the first time but...
Hi, I’m trying to add a 4080 RTV into my sisters Dish Network satellite system. I found that her receiver lacks the low speed data port that I have used in my own system to allow my 5040s to control their DirecTV receivers. I understand that it is usually the case to use an IR blaster but if possible I’d like to get a second hand Dish Network receiver that has the data port – does such a thing exist? If so, and a choice exists, which is the best one to use?
Nded Thanks for the advice - I changed the inbound port number as recommended and that seems to have fixed the problem! I'll check out the rest of the troubleshooting tips as well.
I've finally gotten around to trying to get IVS working for my two replay 5040s. So far I've: 1) Set up an account at Poopli and read the FAQ 2) Created an internet identity and inbound port number for each of the units 3) Gone into my router (Belkin F5D7230-4 v2000) and set up a virtual server for each of the units So the problem is this - when I test my 5040's IVS via lunatic haven (http://www.lhaven.net/ivstest/) one of the units is contacted sucessfully but...