or Connect

Posts by ahmedhaff

Is this staill available?
Congratulations on your purchase - you can't go wrong with Apple TV as a music server. By the way, for streaming music from your Mac, the simplist way is to add an Airport Express (assuming you have an Airport Extreme base station). The Airport Express also has a digital optical out, which will basically allow you to stream digital audio from your Mac and onto the DAC.
The Wadia does indeed do a great job - I've got one setup for over a month and couldn't be happier, now that I am finally able to use my ipod for listening through the stereo. I really only have one gripe: the interface and remote is painful. For one, getting up from my sweet spot and changing music on the ipod while it is docked is a bit of an annoying experience. You can just undock the ipod, change the music and dock it back - which is what I do, since the ipod is...
Got the iTransport and a Cambridge DacMagic - works like a charm. Enough has been said about it, but I will say that it has done wonders for me - I love the soundstage, depth and the overall sound quality. The annoying bit is awful remote and not being able to navigate via an on-screen TV display. That said, I am wondering if I would have been better off just getting a Mac mini and the outboard DAC? With a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and the TV for a screen, could have had...
6 months ago, I saw a fantastic CRT based HT (the projector was a Sony G70). Since then, I have been determined to acquire one (I have had an LCD projector for a while). I have tried many since then and am currently evaluating a Vidikron (and waiting on a promise on a Marquee 8500!). Along the way, I came across a Sony-1001 (I even posted a few questions about it here). Anyway, trouble was that it wouldn't go beyond 480i and the scan lines were just too bothersome....
There seem to be quite a few Panasonic projectors around in these parts (Pakistan) as well - I recently saw one (PT-1010). Quite good. Had 7" tubes and was in a fairly good condition. Like you said, I couldn't find a thing on the net - except for the odd page or two on a lower Panasonic model (PT-101). The PT-1010 was capable of going beyond 480i (see how I'm learning guys!!!). I suppose, with these old machines, it really comes down to tube condition and since...
Just picked up the subject Vidikron - is in a pretty decent shape. Can't seem to find much info on the net on this projector (other than it is an Electrohome 300 or 3500 clone). Is there an owner's manual out there? Would be grateful for any help.
I recently tried out a Sony VPH-1252. To my untrained eye, there was no visible signs of significant tube wear, at least there were certainly no burns. When it was setup (by the seller), I just thought the image looked a bit dull and lifeless (much more so than a subsequent VPH-1001 I tried, which was beautiful, but I find the scan lines annoying). My attempts to suprimpose an LCD feed onto it, looked promising at one stage - but too painful, but that's another...
There is a bit of a compromise on the blacks (judging by the horizontal bars, courtesy 1:2.35), but not as much as you would expect. Sort of like a CRT image with a bit of ambient light in the room.
I thought Sony still made the G90.....