or Connect

Posts by dmwierz

Thanks. I just got off the phone with DirecTV and they were astounded that, not only did the guy charge me to do the original install, but that he wanted MORE money to come out and finish the installation. if they can't get the contractor assigned to my building to do his job, I will give Corry a call. Thanks again, Dennis
Does anyone know of a good DirecTV installer in Miami? The guy who handles the system for my apartment building on Brickell Avenue is refusing to hook me up since I bought my HR20 from Circuit City and not him (he was quoting 2+ weels lead time when I asked about it). Thanks, Dennis
Wolf, Thanks for your reply, Maybe you misread my post. My question was: if there are two wires coming into the apartment, is there a way to combine the signals into one cable, then to break the signals out to two cables again at the HR20? The installer has assured and re-assured me this is being done throughout the apartment buiding right now He refers to the hardware as a diplexer, but maybe he should be calling it a "stacker/destacker", and he says he is doing it today,...
My local installer/service guy (in my apartment building) is being a real jerk and refusing to help me enable two tuner operation of my HR20 since i didn't buy it from him (he didn't have them in stock when I asked so I bought one at CC). Before he threw his temper tantrum, he told me that even though only one wire is coming into the apartment, and only one wire is avalable at the wall, that he could hook up two diplexers to enable two tuner operation. The incoming...
Bill, Well, I honestly don't think this needs to be a MIL-SPEC installation . Like I said, the wire won't be supporting the entire weight of the display - it's only there for stability. I'd imagine a simple molly-bolt into the wall would be MORE than sufficient. FWIW, I've never seen anyone actually DO this (use the wire, that is)...is there a reason why you wouldn't just mount it to a wall (just curious)?
Bill, Well, I honestly don't think this needs to be a MIL-SPEC installation . Like I said, the wire won't be supporting the entire weight of the display - it's only there for stability. I'd imagine a simple molly-bolt into the wall would be MORE than sufficient. FWIW, I've never seen anyone actually DO this (use the wire, that is)...is there a reason why you wouldn't just mount it to a wall (just curious)?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill_B4 Precisely. I guess I'll have to figure out a solution on my own. I was thinking of some wire with clamps an looping them through a drywall anchor of some sort. I guess I'll have to get creative. I was just looking for other people's solutions. Maybe most do mount them on the wall as opposed to using a stand. Bill Bill, Well, I honestly don't think this needs to be a MIL-SPEC installation :) . Like I...
When you say "on the wall", or "to the wall", do you mean on a platform? Or on a shelf? Or do you mean attached directly to the wall, as per the link above? You said: Sounds like you are attaching the display directly to the wall. If so, there is NO reason to use the base. Is the product you are looking for similar to the image posted above? Just trying to help by responding to your choice of words. If you actually mean placing the display on a shelf or platform, and are...
When you say "on the wall", or "to the wall", do you mean on a platform? Or on a shelf? Or do you mean attached directly to the wall, as per the link above? You said: Sounds like you are attaching the display directly to the wall. If so, there is NO reason to use the base. Is the product you are looking for similar to the image posted above? Just trying to help by responding to your choice of words. If you actually mean placing the display on a shelf or platform, and are...