or Connect

Posts by ebo

bdee1: You should get WTEN at least as well as the other stations. I too am in Bethlehem and it's among my strongest stations. Maybe your tuner doesn't know it's really on channel 26. Depending on how your tuner works, you might try tuning to ch. 26 directly, or add ch. 26 into your channel list, or maybe just do a full rescan.
I haven't used the Leaf but it's too small to be good at receiving low VHF channels such as WRGB on 6. I'd expect it to do well on 45 though (actually 43).If you have some spare twin lead you can make an antenna for ch. 6 for almost nothing from plans here. Combine that with your Leaf using a UHF/VHF coupler. That will use the twin lead antenna for the VHF channels (6, 7,12 and 13) and the Leaf for the UHF ones (26, 34 and 43). But if your reception of 43 is already...
When I got started with W7 I found it had a lot of scheduled tasks that would turn the computer on at odd times like 03:00 to do who-knows-what. I got rid of a lot of it by disabling everything I could find related to WMC and W7's efforts to tell Microsoft about my "Windows Experience," etc.
I suspect the person you responded to is on the northwest side of Tucson, as I am at the moment. Most of the people in this area have trouble getting the primary transmitters on Mt. Bigelow because they're blocked by Mt. Lemmon. So many of the stations have set up repeaters on the west side on Tumamoc Hill (PBS, NBC, ABC) and Tower Peak (CBS). Since Comcast in Tucson is encrypting all channels I've set up an antenna system (a Silver Sensor for UHF and a twin lead folded...
If you're talking about the demonstration NBC reporter Richard Engel did with the help of Trend Micro's Kyle Wilhoit, that was kind of misleading. First, it was done in Moscow, not Sochi, but that's a detail; it could have been done anywhere with the same result. They installed no protection software such as antivirus or firewall but did install common apps known to enable various exploits such as Word, Flash and Java. Then they browsed to questionable websites and...
Thank you for providing my best laugh of the day so far. But just on the off chance that you were serious, the difference between analog and digital television signals is in how they are formatted before transmission and what the TV does to display what it receives. Digital transmissions are subject to the same impairments as analog ones (it's all really analog at that point). The same range of channels is used, minus a few on the high end, and the same kinds of...
cloney: I'm surprised that you can get WRGB with a flat panel antenna like the Leaf or the RCA (you didn't give the RCA model but their ad shows all their amplified antennas are panels). Most small antennas don't do well on the low VHF channels 2-6 and often have trouble with high VHF channels 7-13 (WXXA is on 7). If the Terk is the HDTV1 it has rabbit ears which should get 6 when fully extended horizontally, although that might not be the best adjustment for 7. Just to...
I don't know what "Broadcast" means in this context. There are channels that are broadcast, mostly digital in the US and in your case, mostly from South Mountain. Most if not all of those are also carried on cable, possibly in analog even if they're no longer broadcast that way, and often not on the same channels. In the days of analog cable the broadcast channels were usually kept together on the lower cable channels, 2 to 20 or 30 or so, allowing the company to filter...
I suspect Cox is still supplying analog channels and those are the extra channels you're seeing on your TV. Aside from the difference in quality, analog channels have a single channel number (e.g. 15) while digital channels have a channel and subchannel (e.g. 12.1 or 12-1). Your Hauppauge card can receive analog channels and even convert them to MPEG-2 digital in hardware, but the MythTV chart you posted doesn't have a provision for that. I don't know if Myth has a way...
DesertDwarf: The FCC has given the cable companies permission to encrypt everything including locals after they fulfill a few requirements, so whatever you can get now may not last long. You mention that you're north of South Mountain, which is where nearly all of the local transmitters are. You should consider trying an antenna; you might get more than from cable. If you're not too far north and don't have serious obstructions a $10 rabbit-ears-and-loop may be all you...