or Connect

Posts by ejdish

Thanks, I did that last night. I didn't get that message at all. Just got the list of resolutions that were supported. I was told that the PS3 no longer did this in recent firmware updates.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to make the assumption that the cables are the issue, since I tried bypassing the receiver and just going from the PS3 to the TV, which gave me the same message.
I apologize if this is a redundant thread, but I've searched and couldn't find my specific problem. I have a PS3 with firmware 4.40 (latest). My TV is a Samsung PN51D8000. My receiver is a Sony STH D800. Here is the issue. I just tried my first 3D Blu-Ray (Life of Pi). I hadn't really intended on using 3D but this movie changed my mind. I paired up the 2 pairs of glasses I bought, popped in the disc, and switch the TV to 3D mode. When the menu comes up, it is in...
I'm using a 17" Powerbook. 1.67gHz G4, 2GB DDR2 RAM. 100GB ATA 100 HDD. It's pretty much a maxed out top of the line powerbook released just before the Mactels. I didn't really want a first revision Mactel so I splurged for this baby. I just don't understand why it was taking so long. Thanks. EJD
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and think this whole site is a great service. Anyway, my wife and I were on a news show the other day and we wanted to get it out to DVD. I was able to get the file from the SA 8300HD to my Powerbook 17". I used MPEG Stremclip to get the commercials out and now I have a 46 minute .TS file. I tried using MPEG Streamclip to export the file to be burned to a DVD that we can watch in our DVD player. I was exporting to DV 720x480 and it looked like...
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and think this whole site is a great service. Anyway, my wife and I were on a news show the other day and we wanted to get it out to DVD. I was able to get the file from the SA 8300HD to my Powerbook 17". I used MPEG Stremclip to get the commercials out and now I have a 46 minute .TS file. I tried using MPEG Streamclip to export the file to be burned to a DVD that we can watch in our DVD player. I was exporting to DV 720x480 and it looked...
I saw that the newer 5508 doesn't have the commercial skip. I didn't know the 5080 was still available. I never thought of getting two boxes. I'll have to do that. I'm entitled to 2 boxes and 3 for $5 a month and they're all opened up with all the channels, so I guess I could just put two of them in the living room and dedicate the one to the RTV. Thanks for all your help everyone!
Yeah I inquired about a cable box/pvr but Cablevision has no intention of offering an i/O Digital Box with a PVR any time soon. But I guess this isn't the end of the world. Are you saying I'd just have to run 2 connections? 1 from the Cable Box=>Component(HD) input on the TV and another from the Cable box s video=>Replay=>TV? That's fine if I have to do that but my one other question would be, if I have the Replay set to record and I'm watching on the HD input, will it...
Hey guys, I wanna get a RTV 5508. I own a Samsung HLN567W HDTV. I work for a local news station here in Jersey and get free digital cable because of it. They're bringing me an HD box next week. What I'm wondering is, how will having a ReplayTV box effect my HDTV? Can I go from the digital cable box => replaytv => HDTV and still get HD channels? The RTV site says the replay boxes support 480p, but I'm still very confused. I understand that I won't be able to record...