or Connect

Posts by theroys88

Hey guys, I have really enjoyed my LN-52A650 since 2008 and last week I noticed a dark blue vertical line about 1/2 inch from the right edge of the panel. The line will fade away in about 20 minutes. Samsung states I need will need a new display and several repair shops hint at a T-Con board replacement. Anyone familiar with this problem? I am afraid that like most things, things will get worse.
Sorry you guys are having issues with your sets I have both a LN 5265f and a LNT 52A650 and both have been rock solid. I did have the same problem with a 42"LG plasma that I have in the bedroom. I just bought a power board off ebay and replaced it. Took about 15 minutes. The board had 4 bulging capacitors. I am giving my A650 to my father in law when he moves to his new condo. He has been lusting after it for some time. Figure what the hell.
Hey guys, Great thread. Just bought two of these units off Ebay. One is a 250 and the other is a 500. I was tired of paying Verizon 21 dollars a month for their boxes and there is not much choice other then TIVO which you end up about the same. My impressions so far. These units are big! Original remote really sucks. I have replaced both with two Sony universal remotes. Menu layout is strange and took a bit to figure out. Unit slow on tuning channels. I am using...
Now I am getting you are not subscribed to this channel after watching a channel or from the start. I give up! Just ordered two HD boxes. Verizon laid a egg and continue to incubate it!
Well the fix is short lived. Buffering is now back as annoying as ever. This company takes the cake!
According to folks the Comcast app has not had these kind of problems. The buffering kept this app unusable for the past six months. What is worst is that they put this app in all of the new Samsung smart tv's. Many folks bought them just for the app to save on box fees. Verizon is boasting that this is the future of tv. Looks like the future is bleek at best!
Update: Buffering has been fixed. Now a new problem. On certain channels after 30 minutes or so you will get a message stating you are not subscribed to that channel and to go on line to add it. This being on channels that are in your package. Here we go again!
For those XBOX users who have been having constant buffering issues with the Verizon Fios Tv app, I have some news on the problem. Here is the latest response from Verizon via Facebook: Verizon FiOS 3:49pm May 16 Andrew, Andrew, You deserve an answer, but at the moment we do not have one that we can put out publicly or even just in a private message here. It is a known issue that is being addressed. When you involve giant companies like Verizon and Microsoft and have them...
For those who are using this app and are wondering why the constant buffering on evenings and weekends I finally have some info on the problem. Here is the latest response from Verizon via facebook: Verizon FiOS 3:49pm May 16 Andrew, Andrew, You deserve an answer, but at the moment we do not have one that we can put out publicly or even just in a private message here. It is a known issue that is being addressed. When you involve giant companies like Verizon and Microsoft...