or Connect

Posts by ganb

I have the Comcast Motorola HD DVR box - DCT 3412... I have HDMI going to Tv and Component going to HD PVR box. When I select 720P setting on the box then try to capture with Arcsoft/SageTV using HD PVR my computer blue screens (crashes) With 1080i I can capture pretty well using Arcsoft... except with Sage TV I get a bit choppy video - not smooth. Has anybody else seen any similar problems... How to get 720P working ...
My HD PVR works great with 1080i capture... When I change my comcast Motorola box to output 720P and try to capture using HD PVR my computer blue screens... It happens both with Arcsoft Extreme as well as Sage TV... Has anybody else seen this problem... I have the D2 version... Is there any major drawbacks with D2 when compared to E1 ...
Another question regarding video card... which is better.. they are almost same prices in newegg. Which would be best buy - all HD4670 Sapphire 512MB DDR4 - $70 + FS HIS 512MB DDR3 overclocked - 65 + ship Sapphire 512MB DDR3 (cheaper) - $60 +ship Sapphire 1GB DDR3 -$69 +ship HIS 1GB DDR3 - - $73 +ship I guess HIS is the smaller card...
Yes it is an engineering version. From the link the board supports qx9770 and qx9650 and this CPU is similar to those. I understand i7 is far better and thats why wanted to go for that, but $200 CPU savings tilted the scale :-) And these are $1000+ retail CPUs - do not understand how they can charge much more than i7 for these older generation core quad extremes... Thanks for your inputs...
Plot thickens !!! I now have received a used Intel QX9750 Quad Extreme processor - 775 socket, 12 MB L2 Cache , TDP 150W, 1333 FSB 3.16Ghz, Yorkfield Quad Core. It is similar to QX9650 & QX9770 CPUs. Will this work with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P? Will there be any Bios issues as this is not an official retail CPU version. My i7 build is on hold as with this option I do not have to pay for CPU. Any other comments about this processor for use in HTPC environment...
Renethx... The HIS Radeon HD4850 DDR3 with 1GB is available in Newegg for $94 AR. Is it worth going for that when compared to Sapphire HD4670 DDR4 512MB that is in your recommendation. What do you think ? Thanks
I hope the Enermax Modu82+ 525W is enough if I go for i7 as I already bought that from newegg. I am going in for a basic video card - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4670 - so hoping power consumption will be less... plus planning to have 2 SATA internal HDD - 1TB (Green) and 640GB.
Thanks... I am looking forward to that... Does i7 CPUs require larger coolers... will the case size affect it...
I see that S3 sleep state allows wake on Lan... So that is great for remote access. Will it allow the PVR software to wake up the PC when a scheduled recording is required... Say if I leave HTPC on over the weekend with recordings scheduled.
Pardon my ignorance. Is S3 like standby? So will it be able to wake up and record programs if any recording is scheduled or when it is accessed via the network for remote desktop or remote streaming?