or Connect

Posts by fluffhead

I've been playing a lot of bc2 on xbox and it's been fun, but I still miss the real deal. Bf2 was the best online fps in gaming history IMO. I don't even have a running computer at the moment, the htpc I built for BF2 just had it's vid card crap out. I could fix it for 20 bucks and will but my iPad and xbox has been getting me by. Need a new computer, but waiting to build one specifically for when BF3 comes out in 2012 or so. I remember the anticipation I had for BF2...
was suprised to see that the Fox saturday game between the yanks and mets is broadcast here in colorado on fox in HD. the HD part doesnt suprise me as I read about Fox's plans to broadcast Saturday baseball in HD this season. what suprised me is that were not getting a NL west game as we did every saturday last year. as a mets fan, needless to say, im pumped for back to back games in HD this weekend. does this go for all markets? am i missing...
just got a new 37" LCD and went up to the comcast front to get a second box, this one not DVR like my primary one. as the not so kind woman at the counter unappologetically told me the additional box would be 4.95 plus a 6.00 HD signal fee, thus 11.00$ more per month. when my current promo runs out in june, my bill will be thru the roof. tempted by a 7mbit dsl for 35$/month with quest i saw and then getting DirecTV. i really hate the way current hd-lite looks on D*...
i think i will add this relevant link and story, which im sure a lot of you have already read. i think this is a good example of the D* misinformation tactics i just mentioned: News DIRECTV: Best For Home Theater? A poll of professional installers says the satcaster outshines cable. By Phillip Swann Washington, D.C. (March 15, 2007) -- Thinking about installing a Home Theater in the friendly confines of your own abode? Well, according to DIRECTV, a poll of...
lots of good discussion in this thread, i think people on both sides have good points. i am hoping dearly that its just typical D* misinformation tactics, and that they intend to up bandwidth when the bandwidth is available with the new satellite(s). from the numbers ive seen, they shouldnt have to compress the way they do now. whether or not there will be some bureaucratic or fiscal issues holding it up who knows. as a somewhat satisfied adelphia -> comcast...
Originally Posted by fluffhead hooray!! comcast adds another HD channel (mhd->tnthd->uhd) with no content that interests me whatsoever. i was only referring to the order in which the channels were added. clearly, mhd is the most worthless channel of all. tnt with cropping, commercials, and the irritating screen animations make it only slightly more valuable. uhd at least has some positive aspects, but still doesnt have much that interests me. OAR movies will be...
hooray!! comcast adds another HD channel (mhd->tnthd->uhd) with no content that interests me whatsoever. still good to see our HD tier catching up with other comcast regions that get the newer channels first. like many here, my main request is a deal for hdnet and their movie channel is made soon. also pissed that comcast dropped the ball on airing the NFL network games in HD. espn2,mhd,tnthd,uhd added within the last 6 months is promising (despite the loss of...
was there a giant coke booger hanging from his nose ala The Last Waltz lol. werent we lined up to possibly get another channel besides MHD? dont see myself watching much of that channel
mark, thanks for the good news. not that i anticipate watching MtvHD still good to have more programming. i suspect the other channel will be NFLHD. cant say im very happy with TNTHD, i cant stand the stretchvision and dont like their programming, but im still glad its there and im happy some people like it. if its not NFLHD,, what are the other possibilities?
thanks for the good info. i would have missed that. so you think that 100$ on this is a good deal? taking into account shipping like 125$. i think ecost ships free which i might look into to see what they have there on sale. ive seen them sell some stuff pretty cheap there.