or Connect

Posts by glennzippy

There are some nice apps available now for Control4 that would make this pretty easy. Look into Blackwiredesigns to find out a little more. Also, consider somethiing like these for audio as well: http://soundogwirelessaudio.com/ Table-top unit that the client can tune to the audio of their choice. There's another competitor out there as well that I have heard is a little better. I think the Matrix idea is fine. I can understand the number of sources with that many...
It looks like I will be getting rid of a pair of WS-60 speakers very soon. I was using these in my living room and I'm pretty sure I still have boxes and such. PM me if you are interested. I'll consider offers.
To a degree, yes. I would work with your Control4 dealer to see if this is a good fit for you. If you are planning on adding a bunch of stuff then it could be. The box is something like $238 and the driver will likely be $300-400, so you can see that if you are adding a bunch of $50 dimmers, then it saves some cash. You will still have to have the devices added to your Control4 system.
I think you meant to address that to the original poster instead of me. I'm a dealer for Control4 already, thus my response to the questions...
Do you really think that the "invoice price" at a car dealer is the actual price they paid after rebates, dealer incentives, volume discounts, etc? The IT industry is a good example of what you are asking for. To do this in the AV world, one would have to jack up labor rates to the level an IT professional charges to make sure that the dealer stays in business. Alternately, some rare dealers will allow you to bring you own equipment, but you better be ready for all the...
$300 an hour is more than I have seen charged... Other notes: --Why 6 HC200's for zigbee access points? How big is this house? You have 120 devices specified, so I think 6 access point HC200's are a bit much as the 7 for behind the TV's would work fine if needed. --The HC300 for the serial control of the mega changer is silly: ask for a I/O extender instead. --Seems like the Altona video matrix is a bit more than what you need: you have 7 tv's specified, but this is...
Look into Salamander Designs. Really high-quality stuff.
December 1, 2010. Monitor Audio builds high performance loudspeakers to suit every budget and system requirement, be it two-channel Hi-Fi, multi-channel AV or fully integrated. Drawing directly on Monitor Audio’s 35 years at the leading edge of metal driver technology, the models in the Monitor Series have been designed to deliver nothing less than benchmark shattering performance, aesthetic appeal and finish. Innovation Nothing has been carried over, nothing modified or...
damienbuckley, many of your questions are dependent on the size of the room you end up with. For example: having multiple side surrounds is often indicative of a large room with more than 2 rows of seats. If your room is smaller then you may not need more than a single side surround. When a second set of side surrounds is added, it is typically sourced from the same feed. In other words, the two speakers on the same wall are playing the same thing: they are there to cover...
The issue is that your questions are a bit too vague. I'll try and give you the answers I can based on the info you gave. There are plenty of alternatives out there with regards to home automation. From least expensive to most they are (roughly): Charmed Quark, HAI, Control4 Crestron Prodigy, Elan G, Crestron, and Savant. I say roughly because each system price will depend on what you want to have installed. I'm a Control4 dealer so my slant will be based on...