or Connect

Posts by antitime

Anyone hear anything about when Charter is going to roll out some smaller STBs for the Hwy 280/Lakeshore area? I keep being told only one (pretty large) box is available in the area, but smaller boxes are available in other parts of Birmingham. I keep hoping they're available soon.
The same thing happened in my neighborhood...the AT&T guys came and did the work and told everyone "a couple of months". That was probably April or so, I think. It finally came available last week, but there's a 2 month wait for install (mine is scheduled for October 3, and I ordered last week). I live just off Brooklane Dr in Hueytown.
I'd *love* to have access to UVerse, but as of right now I can't even get DSL through AT&T, even though I live in one of the main residential sections of Hueytown (just off Brooklane Drive). I'm hoping this UVerse push may get them to install the required equipment for both. Has anyone noticed this happen in their area?
tji: i'm very interested in using mythtv with my fusion3, could you point me to the dvb mailing list you spoke of (possibly an archive of it, so i could follow what's already been said on the topic)? or perhaps some other source of information that could get me up and running? also, to everyone else, in the dvico software, what's the trick to ungreying the checkbox in config for timeshifting? i can't enable it...
Haven't seen mention of this here, so I thought I'd post it. Dvico has released the 3.0 final version of their software. Haven't installed it yet, downloading now. Has anyone else tried it? It's supposed to have a new UI. Here's the changelog, for those interested. Seems that the "slow channel scan" everyone was complaining about got some attention, can anyone confirm that it's fixed? << Changes in Rev 3.00.02...
Look a little further down - it fixed the problem for at least one person shortly after that. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...69#post4709569 Not to mention it fixed mine as well - all analog came up blank before i switched the jumper.
I'm surprised nobody else mentioned this yet... All of you with tuning problems - look at these posts first! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...19#post4674919 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...83#post5354583 Check jumper J310 as in these posts! Mine did the same thing with not tuning analog at first.
So far, i *love* the rc1 version....much needed new features, and i haven't run into the problems others have. i normally use it with qam (both 64 and 256) and i use it ota every once in a while, it all works perfectly. my only quibble now is that i want to be able to use DScaler with it, but it doesn't seem to be supported. Anyone got any pointers for making this card work with DScaler?
0ctane: do you have a link to your f3 linux effort?
You might have already tried this, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Be sure that when you go to install a different version that you wipe out the dvico info in the registry, as well as making sure all files in the program directory are deleted. sounds like something is being left over from the other install and it's mucking things up. i haven't experienced the problem though, so i don't know for sure. Also, for uninstalling, don't forget that when you start an...