or Connect

Posts by sjetski71

Free bump for the OP. Powersupply? video mainboard? T-con?
Besides the fact that you cannot climb a tall ladder with a large TV in your hands, 2 people and two tall ladders is a recipe for disaster.To the OP: If you're not going to do the right thing and hire a pro with related experience, then you better have 4 men and scaffolding of some sort. One of those 4 men better have a decent idea of what needs to be done, and the other 3 better have steady hands. You may be able to proceed with 3 men, but it'll require more technique,...
Hi OP, found this thread via private message from Racer. This is a brand new issue for me, never heard nor seen anything like it on any display over the years . I'm going to mirror Racer's current advice by starting with cleartype settings and sharpness settings in your video control panel (the TV doesn't have a sharpness setting in the menu btw). But while you're at it, in conjunction with your adjusted windows cleartype, try cycling through all of your TV settings...
That Sony 55HX929 you linked is not edge-lit, it's the better one with a full array backlight + local dimming. It's exactly what the OP was asking for, but i suspect it's a higher end model ($$$) than what the OP was looking for.From the Sony 55HX929 posted specs:On a side note to the OP: i don't think Samsung produces full array + local dimming any longer, pretty sure it's all edge-lit with Samsung now.
When in doubt, you have to assume it will work poorly for PC use. The majority of TV's have halo'd text, or smudged color text. And if a TV is 120hz or more then it's chances of poor text are even higher.Here's a thread that determines which TV's pass or fail the text test: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=21386797And none of this is even considering input lag, which is also important to some.Also: that Toshiba *may* be "Edge-lit local dimming", which isn't...
BestBuy.com has it on sale right now, don't hesitate any longer, it's probably your last chance on it. You can use the savings on an extended protection plan, either Best Buy's in-house plan, or grab a Squaretrade coupon and go with Squaretrade instead.
Waveboy the Panasonic X3 plasma has an off resolution and pixel shape which doesn't lend itself particularly well to anything except movies and TV watching. It has a 4:3 resolution: 1024x768, but with rectangular shaped pixels to achieve a widescreen 16:9 format. It will accept higher resolutions at it's input but everything is downscaled to 1024x768. Since you seem to be a little more discriminating in what you want, i don't think you'll have much fun with that And by...
What resolution are you sending over HDMI to your new TV? What refresh rate are you sending over hdmi to your new TV? Have you tried different HDMI input ports on the TV?
Time to call your credit card's customer service department, they will go to bat for you. They've gotten me out of a pickle a few times. TigerDirect will perk right up afterwards. And if you didn't use an actual credit card, make sure you do the next time, the consumer protection they offer is a necessity with high ticket items.
The original shipments of the 32" to north america had IPS panels, but the subsequent shipments of the 32" appear to all have been VA. There's still a chance that some of the floor models are IPS.And i'm not sure about the very latest shipments either.narasimhan, many of us would be curious, are you located in North America or elsewhere?We ask because we're curious to see if LG has sent North America a new batch of IPS panels in the 32" size, the last few shipments seemed...