or Connect

Posts by trabbic

Does anyone know what "free" antenna Buckeye is giving away? I am debating purchasing a (good) new one or just picking up their free one for the few times when we would like to view NBC. On a side note, I have a feeling that after the Olympics, 24 may have a change of heart. It seems to me like Buckeye called their bluff...
Anybody have information about the Buckeye/WUPU 36 dispute?
This is now available, and it is a HUGE improvement in terms of guide and functionality...
I heard back from my contact at Buckeye. The guide is pretty far off. We are looking at perhaps sometime next year. Who knows at this point, I got the impression that there wasn't any testing even happening yet. The new guide is capable of running on current hardware, according to what I have read. So I assume that it would keep firewire as an output option. I will be sure to pass that request along to my contact when the time comes for testing.
Looks like Buckeye is getting a new guide: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/buc...nes-2011-11-15 Who knows how long it will be. I will ask some contacts I have at Buckeye and see if they have a timeline.
+1 still on a25 here...
Booooooooooooooooooo!
Steve, I just wanted to thank you for posting items like this. It is refreshing to hear from people in the industry about this type of thing. I think people understand when there are problems, as long as there are efforts in place to fix those problems. Thanks again! Chris
And you would be looking at the same or similar pricing... I have shopped around and the prices (for AT&T, DirecTV, and DISH) are all within about 5-10/month for equivilant packages. At least to get the channels I care about. Now you can argue that you get more HD channels with the other options, but that is a different argument...
It has been confirmed that buckeye will be implementing this. The advantage to them is to remain competitive, AT&T offers whole home DVR already. Read the links I posted earlier, the CTO of buckeye is quoted talking about the system in his home, and what other options it may offer buckeye from a revenue standpoint. And to address your comment about it being a scam, you can buy your own Tivo if you want...