or Connect

Posts by kennyboy

They gave me the address for PTI, the show that did the damage. I emailed PTI yesterday evening. Still waiting to hear back.
Quote: Originally Posted by kennyboy I have written ESPN twice alerting them to PTI images damaging my set. No response. I wrote again this morning after reviewing this thread. I am not holding my breath! We have a catch 22 situation. No one (Network, manufacturer) is willing to step up. Addendum: Just checked my email and I got the usual canned response: "Dear Kenneth, Thank you for contacting us. "Burn In" has been a known...
I have written ESPN twice alerting them to PTI images damaging my set. No response. I wrote again this morning after reviewing this thread. I am not holding my breath! We have a catch 22 situation. No one (Network, manufacturer) is willing to step up.
I never experienced burn on my Pioneer plasma. I wish I knew the approximate percentage of VT 25 owners experiencing burn-in. Perhaps my case is an aberration. I repeat my query to forum members as to whether there is a fix for the popping noises--they're starting to get on my nerves. And if I call a repairman, what if I can't replicate the noises while he's there? Too busy at work right now to mess with this!
I ran the Disney WOW pixel flipper for nearly 12 hours last evening and overnight. I continue to run the wiper when I can. No point. Burn-in is obviously permanent . All from a 30 minute sports journalism show using the conservative THX setting since I acquired the TV last September. Pops and crackling from my Panasonic VT25 continue to become louder and more frequent. Whle Panasonic has left me high and dry with respect to the burn in, is there a fix for the...
Will do. Probably be the weekend before I give it a try. I am very curious to see if it makes a difference. If it works, I owe Chodalad a debt of gratitude for the suggestion. If it doesn't work, at least I know I've done about everything I can do.
It so happens I have the WOW disk--I ordered it recently and I hadn't even removed the seal. I didn't realize it had the pixel flipper. Thanks for the suggestion--I will give it a try.
Roger. I agree. My burn in was there awhile before I started paying attention to it. The first few times I saw it, I chalked it up to temporary image retention and I didn't pay it any mind. Unfortunately, mine is easier to spot and I don't have to be running a slide show to see it.
Quote: Originally Posted by 80sGuy x2. Make that X3! Not quite enough for a class action suit I suppose. I can't give up my ESPN PTI (This is the show that damaged my VT25.) so I watch on an LCD set. I'm afraid to watch this show on my Pioneer plasma after what happened to my VT25 although I expect the Pioneer would probably do just fine as it has handled everything I ever threw at it. Does anyone know if there is a DVD/blu-ray/download...
58VT25. Took delivery 25 Sep 10. Not home right now but I am guessing an Aug 10 manuf date.