or Connect

Posts by CopRock

.... we recently upgraded to a cable box with an huge numbers of channels which we don't subscribe to... so I removed alot [over 300 from the Replay's Channel Guide] but now when looking at the guide past 400... were there are some informational/public service channels the Guide locks up and the whole replay freezes [3030 with a new month old HD of 80gb] ... If i clear the Guide and reload it it still happens.... No other problems are present ......
That one expensive add on... and its actually more that I paid for that machine, What kind of macrovivion is it ... its not that kind that was on VHS tapes in the old days is it? [bright/then dark images if duping a VHS -for self archiving of course]... I have one of those removers but it did'nt work with the cable box before I gifted this particular machine away,,,,,
Yeah I got snookered into one of those deals -I'm in Stuy Town- just as the advertising for FiOs began... I'm OK with it; but now peeved that HD channells that were once free have to be paid for... And I'm hoping a lot more people switch to FiOs and that will free up more bandwith for us RCN loyals...
Yay CNBC in HD so we can all watch the economy go into the crapper in the best quality possible!
as far as PQ I've noticed it as well... Monday's NBC shows were very grainy; and CBS kept dropping out ... hopefully these problems are just new day jitters... and I found an telephone message letting me know that if I wanted HDnet, HDnetMovies and a couple of others that were formerly free now I'd have to pay $8.99 a month more.. It pisses me off because I don't need several news channells in HD & not being a sports nut don't need any of the multiple ESPNs in HD...
I wonder if there is hack to get this dvd recorder to record HBO & other premium channells....
Yeah it sucks!... HDnet and it Movies channel were a couple of my fave first HD stations and it used to be included in the regular HD package... but now it been moved to some different tier/level.... Oh well I guess Dan Rather & the Torchwood team can go eat it...
Gotta love the priority RCN gave to putting up all these new HD channels... and the 'coming soon' ones are the ones that should have been on first.... I just dont need any of the news channels in HD while we have to wait for good stuff like Sci-Fi HD ... even Food HD should have been a secondary HD channel... food still looks tasty enough in SD....
But seriously don't you think that everybox should have had some functionality of changing by timers... if it be by manual timer or guide based.. and I never thought a TV station could have its time off by so much... jeez my eggshaped clock in the kitchen is digital and probably loses less than a minute between day light saving changes in spring and fall; why cant a TV station keep time straight? Its not rocket science... and then the DTVpal's issues would'nt be so...
I'd stay away from the Toshiba if you are looking to record OTA-atsc or Qam tuner... and my old LG-RC797t woulnd'nt record from cable/sat. boxes the 897 might be the same... I've heard good things about the Panasonics but for now I'll stick with a really old LG LRY517 which has no problem recording from cable box...