or Connect

Posts by CopRock

Dish's DTVpal and Zinwell's Zat-790a . . . thats really pathetic choices for those who need timer based changes to record programming to a dvd/vhs recorders .... and I stopped considering DTVpal from all the negative chatter i've read so far... They aren't for myself , but am doing research for family members who are too stubborn to get even basic cable ...
Bump... in case anyone has a machine that records from Qam tuner and inputs Happy memorial day....
In some cases it seems to be the machine itself... at least the Toshiba one it would give the CP flag and stop recording on OTAtsc signals... not the QAM cable [that alone made me so pissed off I shipped it back for return] and from looking around on other boards it seems to confuse something else [like SAP] and trigger the CP... I've heard some Panasonic models don't have any problems recording from any input/tuner; but do'nt know which model #'s
...from all its tuners and inputs ... no BS CRP flags and protection messages for trying to record a program I'm paying for... My voyages have taken me thru 2 machines and now shopping for a third which will hopefully have what I want... Heres what I bought and retunrd or gave away: Toshiba's D-VR650: has a ATSC/QAM tuner but wont record from them... from OTA atsc? WTF was the point of putting a digital tuner in it in the first place; I can use my TV's tuner just view a...
Whats Ironic is that you can record off a lot of the clear QAM chanells... that alot of machines [esp. Toshibas] are unwilling to do...
I wonder if you discovered this machine is an utter piece of sh!t yet?
Yes I've noticed horrible condition on RCN-NY's Sci-Fi AND its still going on... I just usually end up recording it thru a analog [ch.66] tuner to a DVR-or-DVD... I've also noticed that the cablebox ch.66 [as well as the a Qam tuners 116.10]differs from the analog ch66. ::: Different advertising and splash screen, The analog ch.66 has messages from sci-fi at the bottom basically saying ''Sci-fi is available in HD-contact your cable provider'' the Qam/cable box Sci-Fi has...
Of course if the movie is not available on DVD [or worse only as a 4:3 pan and scan abortion like Colossus: The Forbin Project] Its obvious why people want to pass these to DVD in the best quality as possible...
I picked up one of these recently specifically to record QAM to my computer... its completely and utterly USELESS for qam tuning [actually a piece of S*it]... same as above poster with jerky images if any motion was present in the image so basically you could tune in Music Choice channels --- whoop di fracken doo --- It works fine as an ATSC tuner if you get a decent signal; but thats not what I got it for, was it?...
some replies: --the DiMax Grey appears to be the same DP5000/atx500 for archiving DVD soit not what would be looking for --I get and can view almost every channel on my basic tier [those you can get with a cable box [E!, SciFi, FX etc] but can only records the ones I mentioned above... but thats not my gripe... Its the fact that the major network the ABC/CBS/Pbs which are free over ATSC are blocked --as far as going to a non-HDD recorder, I did it so I can record...