or Connect

Posts by CopRock

But those dates aren't accurate -- I'm in Southern Manhattan area D, we still got it ... Is it a month off?
28 boxes running at once... hate to be in that room that has to house them
Speaking of Analog disappearance; is there a separate analog system on TWC? ... The gym I belong to in manhattan [NYSC on Mercer Street] has little TV's on most of their equipment that tune in analog channels [NY1 still on 10] but these have more than the regular analog that we will lose soon, 8TBS is still there, 20msg 14CNBC and more all the way up to 27vh1 and 28MTV - 2 is StarzK&F but oddly 13pbs is the only missing one Not all NYSC have this particular spread and...
Jeez stop clutching your pearls and chill out ... I checked back on the last pages before and obviously missed it.That said, I wonder how many "customers" tap in for free and how far down the road scrambling of QAM would be, could be why they are pushing those little boxes, and if its a few months down after they should pull the trigger and get it over with.And now with CBS and SHO gone I wonder if the savings will be passed onto customers.
What really bother me the most is the loss of clearQAM, two DVD/DVR recorders now become hobbled.. unfortunately because of thieves it needs to be done. With two TV I'm going to need at least two boxes for those times you need to watch a 3rd channel...
Is it for all NYC or your particular boro?
The trials of an indoor antenna can be tricky: I used to live with eyesight of the Empire State Building on the 8th story of an apartment building and it was always a crapshoot if I got a good signal or not [had to twist the antenna this way for these channels, that way for the others...etc]... At the second floor with most likely an apartment building in front or behind you the chances get way less, I got the best results with a Terk antenna that looked like a fish's...
Oh yeah its definitely happening... thought it would just be analog and then maybe digital later on. There will much screaming and gnashing of teeth come August 20 when those who tap in for free now realize they no longer have a clearQAM signal....
Meh... bluetooth remotes, why screw with what works and is easier [and prob cheaper]... I did see another post about here aboot Replay's 5K's controlling the Cisco box with code 277 maybe they are still IR remotes, but since I only have 3K replays and showstoppers i might be SOL... I'll pick a couple up on friday if the TWC is open, it bites that they include coax and HDMI but no A/V out and I'm sure there will be no way of getting anamorphic 16;9 thru the coax out. ......
I guess 3K's are out of the picture code wise....