or Connect

Posts by CopRock

Really RF remotes?, thats a new thing I never heard of... reminds me of really old remotes that use to use tuning tones to control basic TV functions...if thats the case then that takes out any kind of IR controlling capability from an IR blaster or a specialty remote that could control a device by time/date etc... I don't even know who makes the boxes, the info isn't very clear on TWC website,just that guide with a DTA box acting like Johnny5 Sucks that it has come to...
Replay TV users are a rare breed... and I may be forced to get rid if my decade old bedroom Replay 3K since my cable system [TWC-nyc] is not just getting rid of analog in august but also clearQAM which takes my magnavox MDR515H/F7 out of the picture as well... TWC is offering DTA boxes which i assume will have no timer functionality whatsoever and most likely will be controllable by Replay's ir blaster.... Oh well maybe I can find a Tivo that takes a cablecard on Ebay
Does anybody have any personal use with these new DTA boxes... especially do they have any timer capability since it appears they will be scrambling clearQAM and I use a maganavox MDR515H/F7 with a digital tuner for the bedroom, it looks like these new DTA only come with a coax or HDMI out only [sucks if you would have liked rca outputs] ...and even though I have a cable box in the Living room on the rare occasion that I record two programs and would watch a third live I...
The prices on those drives is insane... It took me a while to get it right, but now I just buy a drive and RTV patch it myself, if I can do it most anyone should be able to...
I know this is an old post and product but anybody researching or seeing this on eBay and thinking of buying it don't bother.. I basically keep mine as a channel changer for recording to a dvd recorder.... Things that pissed me off.. -the TV Guide was discontinued by Archos about a year after it premiered, I used it for a month and then it was discontinued... Archos basically said; not under warranty? Boo F-ing you. -not being able to watch a programme as its recording,...
I'm sure he means from the instruction manual it stated that Zinwell would send updates OTA .. I think, i can't remember if it has some sort of USB interface in the back for any updates... The two I have are in storage, I did set one up for an aunt and taught her the timer so she can still record onto her old Replay and split the antenna to the TV's tuner so she can record and watch live if she wishes... But Zinwell doesn't seem to update anything, its like expecting Coby...
For the same reason some people still use VCR's: because it works for them.Not everyone can afford or even have digital HD 3D 60" plasmatronic holographic TV & cable. I still have my 3300 [connected to basic cable on a 32" LCD" in the bedroom for news and such.Do I need HD to watch 60 minutes and watch Da Arnold make a bigger fool of himself on TV, no.When these machines first came out more than a decade ago they were an expensive godsend for those like me who have...
If i remember only certain Zenith CECB could be controlled by replays 4000/5000's and you had to get the ability into the replay [something beyond me since i've never been more than a RTV 3000/showstopper user... but if you can find a CECB with a timer [like the zinwell] then you can use the timers to record onto the replay or leave the channel you'd like to record -- did that for elderly aunt, bit of a learning curve but it worked most of the time --
Which you might be able to remove yourself, or the installer might 'forget' to install for the appropriate tribute [IT IS Long Island after all... LoL]... But like others have said, depending where you are moving too you'd be surprised what you can get with a pair of rabbit ears
You can try a Terk 2.4Ghz RF receiver/sender if you can pick one up at a decent price, the receiver had a coax output as well as standard composite outputs... no need to run wires anywhere... The only other solution would be to use an old VCR and run composite wires in place of the coax and output to the TV via the VCR.