or Connect

Posts by CopRock

I have the 8300HDC since July when I moved to the Lower East Side from Stuyvesant Town and no longer had RCN.... Never seen such a crappy box as this one, it will clam up for minutes at a time, not responding to commands until whatever inside decides to click and then a flurry of commands start to flash across the display [usually me pressing channel numbers constantly for a minute] And today was the worst, 3 programs dropped/not recorded with no indication or warning what...
I wonder how much longer TWC plans on keeping any analog channels ... my last cable co. was RCN and they ditched analog over a year ago. It might clear up some of the problems like the ones above. Or does TWC have that many customers that are direct hookups [I wonder how much it is a month] that are just into older CATV ready sets, all that would be needed is a digital tuner capable TV or DVD recorder. Did that for an aunt who didn't want to give up her older CRT, DVD/VHS...
What irks me is when an HD channel either OTA or cable premium/standard shows a movie in 4:3 when there is a 16:9 version anyway... FX seems to be the worst, and even recently Xmen3 was on my local FOX [nyc-5] network on a weekend afternoon and I was like-- c'mon really 4:3? .... Is it cheaper to show them in 4:3 or sumthin' ??
Yeah RCN is a smaller market had it in my building complex {Stuyvesant town in NYC} when I moved in 1998, I moved out last year and now i'm TWC... only benefit to RCN was it being cheaper that TWC.I remember many RCN channels that were supposed to be in HD {like certain premium HBO's in the HD lineup but were clearly streched out 4:3, eventually it was fixed if enough people called in and complained that the channel was "wrong" might be the case with MSG-hdAs far as the...
Another dead nail in any device that used Guide+ ... have an old RCA DVR/DVD player in a guest bedroom and noticed it no longer had the guide data. It basically has an black channel with "no video input" and a timer [on channel 18], I'd rather they'd done away with food on 50
LOL... adam you seem to be taking this personally, unless you work for DNNA/Dtv or something... nobody here has told you to "shut up" or even called you "greedy selfish asshat" but many have pointed out that you are in the minority and the fact that DNNA was forced back into providing service seems to prove it. And yes I may use colorful language against a greedy company that claims this technology is not viable, yet many here have stated they use it some with SD [or even...
Still in the minority and still wrong.
Yes adam we all know you think its business you have said so in multiple post and YOU are in the minority... D&D could have treated its customers with some respect and given them more time along the lines of TiVo's Europe series1 users which were less than Replay users... Chances are this was some DirecTV ploy to get RTVers to pay for Dtv's DVR when users were just fine using the standard DirecTV box and their own Replay There are other post on how it wasn't killing them...
DNNA - DirecTV; the whole lot. Its good to see their corporate greed was nipped in the bud. God damn ass holes.
Everytime something happens in the TiVo world, it usually hits the news.. but haven't read or seen about the end of ReplayTV. Usually try to get something on the technology section of certain papers or news channels, but so far zip. I'm sure we were a small crowd [under 200,000, maybe?] of users who loved our machines.... Its a shame DirecTv's corporate greed has basically hobbled these machines, unless you have the technical capability to do the workarounds...