or Connect

Posts by schi0249

I'm currently using an old none HD receiver and am looking to replace it. I have a tight budget of less than $325. I have the Pioneer Fs-52 for my fronts and the matching Pioneer center. I am going to be adding a sub in the near future too. Features I am looking for. Mic included for auto speaker configuration. One component input. Upconverting would be nice, but isn't required. Pandora and airplay would be nice, not required. I was looking at the Sony STR DN1030...
I am working with a budget of around $150-200 per front speaker. Eventually I'm doing a 5.1 setup, but for now I'm just going to pick up the fronts. I have a Yamaha HTR-4065 for a receiver and the home theater is in the basement. It will get a mixture of TV, Blu-Ray and X-box usage. I was looking at the following speakers and need some advice. Pioneer SP-FS52 Polk TSi300 Pinnacle S-Fit TWR1050 Sony SSF-5000 The only store by me for testing speakers is Best Buy...
I have an odd question for anyone with this receiver. I bought it and my wife is concerned there is something wrong with it. When you turn the receiver on, it makes three "click" sounds. Each progressively louder. My old Pioneer from the 90's only made 1 "click". Is this normal for the receiver?
I purchased the HTR-4065 from a store for $280 and am still in the return period. From what I found online, it seems to be the same as the RX-V473. I am running a 5.1 setup in my basement home theater. The bets deal I have found on the RX-673 is $400. I see that the 673 now supports Pandora as well. The reason I was looking for Pandora in a receiver is I listen to it a lot. Would there be any advantage in upgrading? Also, if I am wrong on the HTR-4065 being the same...
I am finishing a part of my basement into a home theater. I am to the point of figuring out what to do for rear speakers. The couch is against an exterior wall that has foam board insulation. So running wire through that is not a realistic option. I am left with running it through the ceiling. I do have access to that through the unfinished part of the basement. My question is what to do for speakers. I was looking at the following. Flush mounted speakers in the...
I am setting up a home theater in my basement. It was previously finished as a general area and I'm looking to set it up. The wall my TV will be on is open so i have run cat5e and rg6. I am also looking to run wiring for the rear channel speaker. My problem is positioning and type of spears for rear channel. I am going to wire 3 rear's for a 6.1 setup. Two of the walls are finished and insulated so I can't install speakers/wire in those. The other wall has a...
I am looking to replace my existing computer monitor with an LCD HDTV. I want to be able to watch TV in my office and seems like the easiest way. I do gaming on my PC (WOW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 just to name a few. I have read mixed reports on using an HDTV for a computer gaming monitor. I am not looking for anything huge. My current monitor (4:3) is a 21 in. I am thinking 22-25 in range. The best my current monitor does is 1280 x 1024. My videocard does support...
My TV has had a strange issue for quite some time. The picture runs of the edges of the screen. I have to adjust my video game system to "zoom out" in order to see the full screen. Unfortunately, TV & DVD's don't have that option. I was looking around the internet for a free copy of the service manual. I know how to get into it, I just don't know what everything does. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.
I recently got a killer deal on an ATI AIW x800 xt when shopping for a new gfx card. I also have an existing TV Wonder VE card. Is there anyway to get both of the tuners function in a PVR program? I am ditching my cable DVR and curious if I can actually use the tuner in this card. Any help would be great. From what I've seen, it doesn't sounds very likely. Thanks for any possible help.
I have an SA 8000 through Time Warner Cable. When I try to access my program list, I get an error saying there is a hard drive issue. Is there a way to extract the data and place it on a different SA box? I have had 3 hard drive failures. Are the HD units more reliable?