or Connect

Posts by Mantonite

Neither of those options really appeal to me... two DVRs sound like a pain, and Tivo Premiere Elite is a bit spendy. May look into HTPC options... May be taking WOW up on their 60 day money back guarantee...
Just switched to WOW from UVerse (actually still have both hooked up). Initial impressions: - Install went well - didn't take too long and tech ran new lines to ensure no issues with the old ones - PQ is superior to UVerse, but I knew to expect that - Menu system is just OK - UVerse is better for searching, etc., though the WOW remote is more responsive - PVR Box in the basement works for a bit, then shuts off randomly. Took a 20 minute phone call to get an...
I can confirm that the place holders are there, but I am not subscribed (U200). I'm in Metro Detroit.
Interesting... I've been experiencing the Surround Sound dropouts ever since upgrading my AVR (Onkyo TX-SR-607). I did the customer service call, truck roll, "fix" is to use stereo, got my discount for not having functioning HD sound, etc. Checked my e-mail, and I had one of the InsightExpress UVerse surveys and it was a somewhat lengthy survey about the HD service, and seemed to target the audio dropouts. Asked how I was hooked up, when the dropouts occur,...
I was just going to post about this. I have had UVerse for a while, but recently upgraded my 10+ year old Sony AVR to an Onkyo TX-SR607. Apparently the Sony was better able to cope with the poor signal as now the dropouts are MUCH more noticible. I read up on the issue and called tech support. They (of course) rolled out a truck and the guy said this is a known national problem with no known fix besides setting the box to output stereo. I appreciated that he was...
I got the UVerse THDVR last night... AT&T was nice enough to call me to let me know that they updated the service. Ran downstairs and sure enough, I can watch my recordings on any TV. So now I have 2 HD feeds, THDVR, and no price increases. I'm really liking UVerse.
I'm a little concerned about the lack of FSNHD, but they are adding channels all the time and many are pushing for FSNHD by Tigers season. I can always switch if they don't offer by then, but I don't see me doing that.One DVR, currently accessible from only the TV to which it is connected. The ability to access from any TV (Whole Home DVR, or WHDVR on U-Verse sites) is rumored 2nd qtr 08, but I heard something about an announcement made at CES that said it would be...
Not sure about the Tivo, but the "primary" box in the house has a DVR built in if that helps. My install is 100% coax (minus RG to computer) - the wiring from the RG to the STBs can be either Cat-5 or Coax.
Here's my list of U-Verse HD channels. I'm on the U200 plan with HD... I'll put a star next to the stations I receive. * 1002 WJBKHD * 1004 WDIVHD * 1007 WXYZHD * 1020 WMYDHD * 1050 WKBDHD * 1056 WTVSHD * 1062 WWJDHD * 1102 DHDTV * 1104 UNI HD * 1105 HDNET * 1106 HDMOV * 1108 TNT HD * 1112 TBS HD * 1120 DSC HD * 1166 A&E HD * 1202 CNN HD * 1211 WGN HD * 1250 TLC HD * 1252 APL HD * 1258 SCI HD * 1265 NGC HD * 1270 THC HD * 1362 LMN HD * 1450 HGTV HD * 1452 FOOD HD * 1470...
I've been subscribed to this thread for a long while, but have seen little if any chat about U-Verse. I'm a new U-Verse subscriber, and so far I'm pretty happy! Internet (lowest tier) seems better than the DSL I had before (again, lowest tier) and the TV is quick and easy. The HD is not as good as OTA, but dang close. I can't compare to Comcast or the others as I've never had them. It sure is a lot of HD content... I noticed the UVerse HD is not listed in the first...