or Connect

Posts by whoaru99

Or, for $9 each, you can replace them in about 15 minutes with a low flow, more quiet fan. I can't hear my stack of four QSCs from more than a foot or two away even with nothing playing. My normal listening position is about 8 or 10 feet from the amps. Even with the stock fans I couldn't hear them from there with music playing. I changed them anyway just to be sure for the quiet parts of movies.
My apology to others reading. I considerably edited my post re. the quote in the post just above, but it was grabbed first. It still applies, just thought I might make it more clear in the edited version where I was going with that.
I'm not sure the exact details of DDT are necessary.I think the point is, within some zero to "X" setting/rotation of the volume control, the signal level had to be less than or equal to the input sensitivity of the amp. The signal wasn't starting at 5 volts (arbitrary example) and going higher. The signal did start at 0V and increase to, and finally exceed, the 2.2V input sensitivity of the amp. Why did it not work in that range? It should have.Maybe put this way...say...
Right, but wouldn't you think you'd still get the rated output before you got that high with the signal (and apparently DDT cutting back the output)?In other words, the amp should have been putting out rated power when the signal strength hit the input needed for full power. Continuing to try to get more I could see maybe the DDT cut back the output. But seems like output still should have been there before reaching that point.Gain is gain, but it's not power, per se. You...
Funny you mention that. I frequent another forum where this comes up on occasion as something like "My vintage XXXXX receiver is wicked loud at 3 or 4, but this new AVR doesn't have any power at all. Seems like I have to turn the volume knob way more. Geez these new things sure are underpowered.More than one person has been incredulous when I told'em that on some AV gear I've owned it took several complete revolutions of the volume control to go from 0 to 10, in relative...
Haven't looked into the details of the configuration for the amp, but it's not set to bridge mode yet not connected properly for it, or vice versa? Based on all the gain you have dialed in I doubt it's that sort of problem. Based on little apparent voltage drop on the AC mains it seems you're not getting much actual output despite the clipping indicators saying you are. Sounds like a mode configuration/driver connection issue to me.
Sounds like they're an equal opportunity provider. What's wrong with that? Look at the numbers if you like, read the wax poetic if you will, or both.
The red herring in the whole thing is believing that those bashed actually care about the scientific details. As long as it sounds good to them in their frame of reference it is good.And at the end of the day? So what....?In a lot of regards I think the objectivist side, toward which I generally lean, is more uptight about this stuff than the so-called "audiophools".
Ummmm...no.How many times have you read that someone replaced the stock parts with special "audiophile grade" resistors or capacitors then reported some big improvement in sonic characteristics, aka PRaT, "veil lifted", "air around the instruments" type stuff?Assuming the original parts weren't defective and the replacement parts were of same value, one would expect the measurements to be same/similar right? Yet, the differences are reported. This is where a challenge of...
It's not ridiculous within the context of the challenge.The challenges are about the often reported mystical differences, not to compare two amps with clearly different frequency response. You'd reasonably expect those to sound different, right?