or Connect

Posts by joeonsunset

I just got this mount and was pretty excited about it. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit my TV, though my TV falls within the advertised specs. A call to the manufacturer (LightningMounts) got me only a "voicemail is full" message. Yipes, that never bodes well! I've got a Philips 42" LCD, and the problem is the mounting holes on my TV are set too widely apart for the bracket crossbar provided. The mount is advertised as simply "universal" for flat screens up to...
Odd Moxi bug I encountered today: On adding a Series recording, I got the usual conflicts note that asks you to Record New, Record Existing, or Cancel. With one little cavet... where is says, "The following shows conflict...:" there was NOTHING listed. And if I clicked, "Record New," I got stuck in an endless loop of this dialog! I got out by clicking "Record Existing" Of course, I have no idea what I've agreed to there since like I said the list was empty. Wierd.
Anyone else bugged by this Moxi "quirk?" When deleting an item from the Recorded TV menu, often the selection jumps back far from the previous item (which is the one that should get the selection after a delete). Usually for me it's the third item in the list. Irksome.
MoxiGuy... bug? Yesterday I was watching Live TV and got the "need to change channel" notice for an upcoming recording. I selected "record." Then, because I wanted to watch another show while it was recording, I changed the channel. This action seems to have cancelled the upcoming recording. Curious, I looked at RecordedTV and saw the Moxi was already recording another show on the second tuner, so it couldn't tune to another channel for me and record the upcoming...
Thanks-- that functionality sounds great to me!
Another DVR I know... heh... alters the function of their fast-forward, rewind, and skip buttons depending on the current playing state... this makes the most sense and gets more bang for the buck out of the buttons. FF & RW function normally if the program is playing. If the program is paused, FF & RW because frame-step forward and back. SKIP skips between the very beginning and very end of the program if it is playing. If it is being FF'd or RW'd, it becomes a 15...
Moxi's do all of the above except SPDIF in, and DVD burning is coming pretty soon. 'Course they're only available from a cable company for monthly rental.
I've been reading posts about Moxi's disk management and I'm a little confused.... maybe I'm reading information about an older sw version. It's been said that Moxi's default option is "keep for 2 days," but that this really means keep for a minimum of two days. My Moxi also has an option for "keep until space needed." I'd been switching everything to "keep until space needed" because I thought "keep for 2 days" meant keep for ONLY 2 days, then delete. If "keep for...
The Senate has passes its version of this bill, and it fortunately dropped many of the most controversial provisions. Check this article out: www .publicknowledge. org/pressroom/pr112204