or Connect

Posts by igme

Dude. My Fusion with an Abit AN-2MHD Mobo has the following innards and it still sports the original 380 Watt Earthwatts PS: X2-4000+ OC'd to 2.4Ghz on Air Stock Fan 4x2GB OCS Gold Sticks (8GB Dual DDr2-800) 2xAvermedia Combo PCie ATSC/NTSC Cards 1xKworld ATSC 110 PCI Card 1x320 GB PATA HDD 1xDVD/RW Drive 2x750GB SATA My Kill-a-Watt meter shows the power consumption to be anywhere between 80 and 120 watts. When idle/recording, etc. it does 85-90w average....
Dude. My Abit AN-M2HD based Antec Fusion with the original 380 Watts PS has the following as innards: XP-4000+ Brisbane OC'd to 2.4 Ghz on Air 4x2GB OCZ Gold DDR2-800 Sticks (total 8GB) 2xATSC/NTSC COmbo Cards (AVERMEDIA)
Same problem I had until I applied the -19 BIOS that was released last month (Dec . 2007)... My other MCE an older Abit NF2-nView system never had this problem. I can do MCE Remote resume from sleep flawlessly. Even from LAN! It worked w/o the registry hack in MCE 2005.. it's now running Vista Home Premium. If you've power mnagement enabled properly --- you'll have one really great "Green" machines! Your MCE DVR PC will just power ittself down when idle. not...
Same here... Abit's web site still only have the HDMI Audio driver for XP only... not for Vista. I do have it running failry well under Vista 32-bit Home Premium.. over HDMI to a Sony but my Audio remains via a high end 5.1 Logitech Speaker system on analog connections. I am using the latest Realtek Audio Drivers R184 where a "hiss" when I move the mouse when there's no audio playing. This has been the case since earlier versions of the RealTek VVista drivers R179...
Here's fair advice from someone who's been using (very successfully) an HTPC for the last ~ 2 years. My rig is as follows: DELL Poweredge Server SC420 (Yes a Server - Dell's ersthwhile smallest..) Single Core Pentium 2.8 Ghz (HyperThreading) 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 533 Mhz Memory ATI X800XL 256MB Video Card PCIeX16 (high end 18 months ago, dirt cheap these days) Audigy ZS Gamer TheaterPro 550 2xKworld ATSC110's SYSTEM (Motherboard) Get a Branded base system. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by egandt One work in favor of x64 (stability), I use Windows XP x64 on my HTPC simple because its stable, 32bit windows down right sucks at stablility, well so does 64bit windows just not as much. Still unless you bought all your hardware with x64 in mind (as I have), then go the 32bit route. ERIC Eric, Do you even know what the difference between a 32bit and a 64bit OS is Sire? And what has "Stability" got to do...
This is just Krazy... 300GB per hour? Heck I won't even do it even if it's ust 30GB per hour... Why would someone be interested in that? Legal and easy HDTV recording @10 to 12 GB per hour is just about okay for me... if you're a non techie -- get yourself a dual HD-Tuner DVR...
I have a Perfectly Working MCE 2005 system on a Dell SC420 (PCIe x8 Hacked System), 1GB DDR, X800XL 256MB Video, Audigy 2 ZS, 2xKworld ATSC110s, a PCIe TP550 Analog HW Tuner, about 1.6 TB of Storage. My Displays: Sony KDF55WF65 (55" Sony LCD RPTV @ 720p/1080i) via DVI to HDMI Cable(1152x648x32bpp) and a 19" Sony Trinitron Monitor (1600x1200). I created a dd image (ala Ghost) of my MCE2005 partition via Knoppix so I can quickly restore that environment. And I took...
I have a Dual Monitor setup.. ATI X800XL. The RGB15 port hooks up to a 19" circa 1998 Sony Trinitron Monitor whilst the DVI port hooks up voa DVI-HDMI cable to my Sony KDF-55WF65. Everything works perfect under MCE 2005 and Vista RC1 Ultimate. I can play all DVD and Broadcast HDTV content on either monitor. I can even drag the MCE Window accross my extended desktop! I sometimes have the 19" Analog Monitor display my kid's movies whilst I use the main HDTV display...
If you have an Nvidia Card and use the latest drivers-- I thought I heard/read somewhere that you can already do without Powerstrip. It is supposed to come with a TV Configuration assistant or something similar to Powerstrip... Have you tried those? Sorry but from day 1, I've always used ATI cards.