or Connect

Posts by SirJMon

I have been out of the loop for awhile in the A/V world so I haven't been able to find an HDMI pass-through unit. Basically what I'm looking for is a unit that will allow me to pass all my HDMI vidoe signals through it but at the same time convert the audio from the HDMI to like a 5.1 analog true audio output so that I can feed that audio back to my Pre/pro that does not have HDMI on it. Are there unit that will allow me to do this? If so, can someone point me in the...
Isn't your last sentence the reason why you jump on people in the first place? I'm confused.
Hi John, The card was shipped today. Expect it within' 3-5 days. I was able to get my hands on the other IFB-DVI and the black level is much better. Getting great results from it.
I was planning on running HDMI to DVI through the entire chain straight to the DVI card and leave analog out of it. In doing so, would it still be preferred to use the HDP?
My situation is this.... I'm currently using a Lumagen HDP scaler in line with JohnHWman's first DVI card. The HDP has a bad board so I only have one input on the entire scaler that works(DVI) and it will run me roughly $400 to fix plus shipping. My question is, would I be better off just getting a video switcher for all my sources and use the components(BD1400 Blu-ray, HD-A1 HD-DVD player, and HD-SAT) to run my resolutions and upscaling of SD sources instead of wasting...
Thank you.
Little out of touch on players these days so forgive me. Is there any players that output 1080P via conponent? Or is my only option to get 1080p output to use HDMI?
I think we have yet another person that thinks all HD is suppose to look like HDNet or something.
The only thing that is public knowledge is speculation. Nothing more. Sure we can assume, but that doesn't make it so. Hell, if we're going to live by this logic, then we might just all assume Sony has "bought" everyone else under the sun. An interesting thread. Entertaining if nothing else.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=896377
If I remember right Tom, I believe you measured the 3rd box over left to right and top to bottom correct?