or Connect

Posts by tattooedbones

nevermind, went ahead and picked up this system (with the STR-DH800 sweet deal on B&H). No keyhole mounts on these so I got some brackets from Monoprice. I plan on using these as 5.1 and the manual says to join the speakers. Do these joined speakers become the FRONT speakers, or surrounds? The manual is VERY unclear on this. In many 5.1 systems I see, the front and center channel speakers are normally the more powerful ones, and the surrounds are the...
Hello, Got this receiver and it's pretty decent so far. I've got it hooked up to a 46" Sony LCD and N460 Blu-Ray. Just FYI, this only does video switching for HDMI. It does not switch video for all devices, even with full Bravia-Sync support. Audio switching is fine of course.
I haven't tested the screensaver on Netflix but will remember to pay attention on that one. I have this player and love it. One thing that's been bugging me though- I can't seem to find a mod to get a raw internet browser working on this. There's no reason why that wouldn't work, although it may involve a firmware change that would possibly void the warranty? I just think it would be handy to not be limited by the Internet options provided by Sony, but just have a...
those of you that have the SA-VS150H, do they have keyhole mounting on the speakers? I'm probably going to pick up the package deal from B&H but want to see if I should pick up speaker mounts or if these are already keyhole. Thanks.
Hi, did you end up swapping the 360 for the 285?? I'm in a similar boat to you. My Bravia TV has 4 HDMI inputs so I intend to send all input to the TV directly, then out with a single optical cable. The SS360 costs more, for the same wattage, and less features. I have a blu-ray player, but why not save $40 and gain a 5 disc DVD changer + iPod dock in the process? And by the way, the ss360 has no on-screen setup or display, while the 285 does display (obviously, it's...
They are the same EXCEPT- 46VE5 has an "auto shut-off" feature that looks for movement or shuts the set off. That sounds downright annoying. And I believe the longest setting is 60 minutes. So if you want to watch "Lord of the Rings" get ready to do jumping jacks... Kidding aside, I believe you can disable this feature completely. Also slight style differences- 46VE5 has a silver colored speaker bar, 46V5100 is black. Personally I'm going with the 46V5100 and...
Well, I have to say, this has been the most positive Comcast service call ever! I called around 9am and a tech was at my house by 10:45. He went through and signal tested several connection setups, etc. Turns out the house internally is wired with RG59. Signal from the basement to the modem was awful, signal from the pole, through the splitter was great. SO he recommended that I run RG6. At first I was skeptical, but heck, for $30 I picked up a 100' run and just...
Hello, I recently replaced a Motorola 5100 that was over 6 years old, with a DB6120. It has been locking up or rebooting every 12 to 24 hours, sometimes more frequently than that. My signal strength here has always been terrible, this modem seems especially sensitive to it. Below is the signal WITH a booster in line- And here's the signal without the booster - Whenever the modem has issues, I see this in the logs - Jan 01 1970 00:02:04 3-Critical R02.0...
whoa! that's some serious speed! How did you get that fast? Anyway, as far as my Clear QAM issues, it was a signal strength problem. I eliminated all but one essential splitter, had to run a 50' cable from another bedroom but Windows Media Center auto-detected 11 HD clear QAM channels and I was able to had maybe 5 more manually. I'm so psyched to watch football on my PC! Thanks all.
Problem solved, it was a signal issue!! For those having problems, be wary of signal strength. I replaced my splitters with new ones, "5-2400MHz" but it didn't help. I still could only pull down 2 non-HD channels and the PPV preview. I have the cable modem in my office, so I was trying to split it to internet + TV. I reduced it to one 4-way splitter in the basment at the source. This takes TV to the living room, basement, & bedroom, + internet to my office....