or Connect

Posts by tattooedbones

Thanks for the responses. I will try both the power switch/reboot method as well as just ditching all of my programs and starting from scratch. Sigh, you would think having an integrated box from the cable company, using their own programming would be MORE stable than a 3rd party service and hardware, like Tivo. Well, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I can at least record football in HD this whole season. Of couse this year the Superbowl was broken...
Hello everyone, -Begin Rant- Well, thank you all (especially Free & Hookbill) for helping my sanity. This 8300HD has been a real pain in the butt compared to the Tivo. Now look, I'm not expecting miracles here, but WOW! Talk about not ready for prime time. The people at Tivo all deserve to be multi-millionaires. That thing is light years ahead of it's time. SO simple that a 2 year old can program it, and remarkably reliable. CONSIDER this! The damn DVR is also...
I tried the old reboot trick but for some reason my 8300 is still behaving so oddly. For example, I tell it to record the Shield on Tuesday, in the "time slot only" but for some odd reason it also records it on Monday and Sunday nights? That's just one example, there are others. Short of calling Adelphia, is there anything else that I can try? Is Comcast going to purchase Adelphia? Hmmmm, I have mixed feelings about that. I had a great experience with...
Ah, the old cold boot trick. Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Wow, for the past week or so the guide on my HD8300 is seriously screwed. the listings are way off and because of that many programs haven't recorded. I don't see a way to force the system to update the guide info. Is anyone else having this issue? BTW, I am also getting lots of quick audio dropouts. Oh and my unit in Hudson runs SARA, for the question above Thanks
Hello, For exact packages and so on, you will have to call Adelphia, but if this helps, here's a transcription of my current bill: DVR Service ---------------------------------- $4.95 HD/DVR Equipment ------------------------- $7.95 Adelphia Classic Cable --------------------- $47.50 (includes Broadcast Basic & Expanded Basic) Bronze Advantage Pak --------------------- $50.90 (includes Digital Basic & High Speed Internet) HD Plus...
Hello all, Been keeping up with this thread. I've had my 52Z575 for over a month now and tuned it with DVE. Hooked up to a 8300HD using a Monster HDMI cable and a pretty basic Sony surround sound. I'm SUPER pleased with everything and consider myself lucky to not be experiencing some of the issues i see in this thread. Anyway, on to my question: I also got the recall notice and my set is one of the affected units. Before I have someone come out here, can anyone...
Welcome to NH Hov! I was a long-time Tivo user now switched to the 8300HD DVR. HD quality is very nice & pricing is reasonable (as noted above) BUT my only complaint is the S-L-O-W adoption of HD channels. It's silly! In the last year or so I believe they have hadded maybe 2 HD channels! (regular cable, not specialty ones like HBO, etc) At that rate I'll be 100 before FX is in HD! hahaha!
Say, any chance we get FX in HD before The Shield starts??
My set is practically touching the wall but it is open on all sides & top. Do you guys think it's OK? I didn't notice anything in the instructions regarding wall distance.