or Connect

Posts by tattooedbones

Question to those that have had short bulb life: What is the distance of the unit from the wall? What environment is it in (pets, smokers, children, etc)? Approximately how many hours per day would you say it was on? Just want to see if I can try to avoid any potential snags. Mine is almost touching the wall, maybe 2" away at the closest point. I have it like that so the cat can't get behind it. BTW, Sears refused to match the TechDepot price, but the did...
On the subject of Serial #'s... my tag says November 2004 on it, serial number is 169 Which are the trouble models? June and earlier?
On the topic of bulbs, I haven't ready anywhere what the life expentancy of one of these bulbs is. On my Canon LV-5100 projector, it was only 2,000 hours & bulbs are almost $400! Great forum, Thanks!
Kid Red - thanks a ton for that .DOC! I have DVE on the way but it's nice to get other opinons. CCH - I'm almost positive you can access the adjustments you need. However, you need to invoke the Menu using the Menu button on the right side of the box. For some reason that gives you a more expanded set of adjustments than the Menu button on the remote. louisd23 - ????? Are you kidding me? HOW? Someone told me that Sears would only match brick & mortar store...
Whew! This took some digging but I found it on another forum and thought it would be worth posting here: 8300 Picture Format Summary: Fixed - Displays all content at whatever resolution you selected, based on what you selected in the wizard. You force the output to a single output and the box scales to that input. Easily changed in the settings menu of the box. Pass Through - Passes the input signal through to the output with no change, unless you disable certain...
It is my understanding that there are technically 4 models: 8000/8300 and 8000HD/8300HD. A major difference, at least between the HD models is that the 8300 has double the capacity of the 8000. 8000HD has an 80 GB drive while the 8300HD has a 160GB drive. Also, yes- the 8300HD has HDMI and SATA connections.
I have to agree with AKH and other posts here. I'm definitely not claiming that the Monster is worth the $$$ or any better than any other brand HDMI. It's worth it to me personally- maybe I'm just a sucker. I think the focus of this thread is to see if HDMI is better than say, Component cables- which most seem to agree that they are. I do know for a fact when I had my 75" projector set up I NEEDED the absolute best input. I did have S-Video cables running and it...
Hello, Check out my thread at: 8300/8000 HD upgrade
Hello, As far as I understand, the 8300 has a larger storage capacity. I have an 8300HD and it has double the space of the 8000HD.
Hello all, Finally got my 8300HD set up with my new HD TV. Works great. There are very clear instructions on how to hook up a SATA drive with the 8300, as well as a list of approved drives. If you have questions, I highly suggest snagging these manuals from the Scientific Atlanta website (you have to register for the Explorer Club to get to them, but it's free). Good point regarding opening the case- even if you only open it for curiosity they will assume you tried...