or Connect

Posts by billbillw

Not sure what your problem is. I setup my Harmony 676 with my A3010 and had zero issues. All the Yamaha codes were in the Harmony database. There should be no reason to order the oem remote. Do you have much experience setting up Harmony remotes? If not, there are some tricks to get everything to work correctly.
In general, they do. The person who posted that was just being a nuisance. I've never had a problem with warranty coverage on open box items. Yamaha is generally very good about covering their equipment. I had a problem with one of their first SACD players. I bought open box clearance. Repaired without question.
A few of the top Denon's are still made in Japan. Onkyo and Yamaha are all made in Malaysia now. The rest are mostly Chinese made.Have you seen the refurbished Denon 4310ci at AC4l.com? That fits in your price range, was made in Japan, and has a pretty good reputation, other than a failing network card (which was probably why it was refurbished). I just piked up an open box Yamaha A3010 that was in your price range from Magnolia. If you have one near, check them out. They...
Thanks for that info. I was able to get Yamaha to send a paper copy as well by sending a simple online request.
Chances are, the DSP board is bad. Common problem as these Denon's get old. I had a 4802 that had developed that problem. I also had a 3300 for a long time, but sold it a year ago. It was still working fine when I sold it. I still have a 3802 that I use in a simple 2.1 setup. They are fine sounding, long lasting receivers, but eventually, they all have some problems. The DSP board is probably either unobtanium, or costs more than the receiver is worth. It might still be...
I'm about a year and a half out of warrant (I had an extended warranty from Onkyo). I actually called Onkyo and talked to them about the issue. They told me they had a "list" of eligible receivers for the free out of warranty HDMI fix. They said the 805 was not on the list, which means they don't think it is a model that has a 'known issue". I told them that was a load of you know what because there are dozens (if not hundreds) of people reporting 805s that are failing...
Unfortunately, this is the response I received from Onkyo:
So far, so good. Hooked up the 3010 last night and just did manual speaker setup (had to clear the EQ for each speaker from previous setup). Already sounds good. I'll run the YPAO for a full 8 spots tonight and see how things improve. One question: can the video settings be applied to individual inputs? I would like to have passthrough for my bluray player and 1080p upscaling for all the other inputs. Is that possible? The only video setting I could see seemed to be ...
Made a hasty decision tonight while at Best Buy Magnolia. I have been needing to replace my Onkyo SR805 that developed HDMI problems. Been researching a number of refurbished/discounted receivers. Was focusing mostly on Denon and that unique Sherwood with Trinnov Optimizer. I knew the Yamaha Aventage line was getting good reviews. Read a few of the reviews. Sounded pretty good. Didn't think I could afford one though. Then I found a few open box clearance receivers at...
The crossover on the subwoofer should be disabled if possible (bypass). If your sub doesn't have a switch to disable the xover (sometimes there are a different set of inputs), then you want the xover set to the highest frequency. Let the receiver do the bass management.