or Connect

Posts by kilbourne

What's up with the Braves HD from Charter Asheville? The widescreen is gone and it looks like Digital SD on Channel 774. The feed from turner south is not the stadium feed, but is the regular channel feed with commercials. Last night Pete was cussing and cutting up during commercials, so maybe there are afraid to send out the stadium feed. But since Turner South doesn't broadcast in HD, we'll lode 60+ HD games (the only reason I subscribe to Charter).
Quote: Originally Posted by keenan To a degree, there's over 13,000 pieces of non-working space junk up there now. Stuff falling down from space is not cool.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFerret Ryan, we've been shooting things into space for decades. How is that amazing? Tossing stuff into space is still cool...
As I understood, WLOS is powered down to replace some parts on the tower and make the HD transmitter more resistant to winter ice. To get any reception in the mountains and to be able to reach Greenville-Spartanburg, the tower had to be high. But it comes with a cost. The weather on top of pisgah can be dreadful. In the winter you can figure about 3-5 degrees per 1000 feet and pisgah is about 4000 feet higher than Asheville. Ironically, WLOS moved their studios from...
They just lost the sound too. I just going to listen to woody and close my eyes. My imagination has fewer technical difficulties...
Actually the second half will be a radio only broadcast with woody durham and still photos of the action. Welcome to the tiffany network....
Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting my own CBS affliate. I couldn't do any worse. I had my firewall all setup to record the championship in HD. If UNC loses, I'm blaming WSPA. Really how hard is it to keep your signal on the air? Imagine if the channel 7 regular feed were off the air. Heads would roll. Pitiful....
I took a two-month hiatus from charter and they added 3 new HD channels. Before I end my HD Hunger strike I have a few questions for the forum: 1. Is charter-asheville going to show Braves home games in HD again this year? 2. Since it seems it will be a while for WLOS, PBS, WHNS, what are my chances of getting good signals on a hill in Soth Asheville with an OTA indoor antenna (second floor)? What equipment do you pros recommend (on a budget for a lowly...
Split the signal until the 3.2 upgrade comes. I turned my Moxi box in. Well too much money to watch Duke vs Carolina like it was drawn by my 4 year old. Only the HD channels looked truely great on my misti TV. Make sure the do the upgrades to get VOD and the ticker. I had to call twice to get these added. GOOD LUCK.
I have a 42 Mitsi HD and a Moxie box from Charter, asheville, and I am tired of waiting. I get one local (NBC) in HD. I have now missed the Superbowl, the BCS, the World Series, and the Daytona 500. The Moxie makes the analog channels look worse than my 4-year olds handwriting. I WILL NOT MISS MARCH MADNESS!!! I live in Asheville, on a hill, with little building, tree intereference. There are three choices: 1) A terrestrial tuner with QAM and a DVD burner. (Which...