or Connect

Posts by Venomous

Vb 4.2 fixed a lot of speed issues... Vb at its worst is better any day of the week than huddler at its best. I haven't been here in two weeks because this software sucks so bad. People are still complaining after 2 weeks, search is broke, you need plugins just to tey to get the site to look correct and omit junk onnthemside columns.Huddler told them the grass was greener and I bet AVS post stats took a punishing hit. If AVS cared whatsoever, they would be busy converting...
Huddler was never designed for the user, it was focused around the administrator. Admins forget, they wouldn't have a forum ifit weren't for the users. A very costly mistake unfortunately.
Sorry Kosty, but you are spreading untruths.A: Vbulletin in its worst state (4.0-4.1) is far better than huddler will ever be. In two years, simple issues still arise and they continue to tell owners it will be addressed.B: vbulletin 4.2 uses InnoDB tables that now work correctly with intense speedC: AVS was not using a custom version of vb 3.7... Vb supports third party plugins so I'm not sure where that comes off as customized. AVS was better off moving towards vb4.2 or...
1 out of 200 attempts from an iPad using quoting or edit works... This is on iOS 5.1.1 It's still safari... It's still a web browser... Why doesn't it work correctly on an iPad like all of the other forum software out there does? Why the sudden development needs for a mobile makeover? It may work for you but for many of us, it doesn't work. I keep seeing the admin and owner down playing compatibility with the help of huddler. This isn't the first forum to convert to it...
Forum fluid width doesn't work with sari either. So it's just not a Firefox issue. Its clear huddlers team doesn't do thorough testing before rollout.
Then why bother reading this thread...
Lol out of 100 times, the quoting finally worked.Yea, basically true. You can move round from Xenofro, Invision Power Board and Vbulletin all day long without issue. SMF and PhpBB will bring you some headaches. Huddler, completely different, otherwise I'm sure an owner would convert back to what he was using before the conversion.I would not want to be in the position that the AVS owners are in now... It's obvious there's a lot of upset people and activity will begin to...
Hall I'm unable to quote you as it doesn't work for me on the iPad... But yeah, unless they have a physical copy of that database in their possession, they are screwed. Smartest thing to do is take the database backup before the conversion, gzip it up and FTP it back to your computer. You also have the host dump the database for you and place it onto a Linux hard drive and also take a media backup, then mail it to you. Gzip works pretty good compressing a database as...
Well I bet you, AVS does not have a backup of the vbb database in their possession. This is evident because of how they chose huddler and allowed them to do the conversion. Myself as well as many other owners are very hands on. The last thing you want to do is give a company the full set of keys to your forum. everything can be replaced but that database. Each bulletin board forum software company can convert the others database except huddlers. You will have to pay some...
Well I'm a big board owner times 5, with 4 smaller ones. That is a total of nine... Vbulletin to in the toilet when ID purchased them and released 4.0. Since then 4.2 is seeming to be a much better leap for them. However, even vb's worst, which is 4.0 is better than huddlers best. It's evident the makers of huddler have no prior experience running a board, let alone a large one. Being a user is one thing, but operating one is entirely different. I do understand server...