or Connect

Posts by djearl81

I like Rom Collection Browser. It's an XBMC add on that seems to work really well for me. You'll have to setup your emulators to use your gamepad (as you would without XBMC/RCB). I also use a wireless Xbox 360 controller (sometimes 2 if the game calls for it.) The only problem I've had is trying to figure out how to map the controller to the N64 buttons since the Nintendo controller had a different layout with more buttons. Once you get it setup you should be all set. May...
Gotta love monoprice.
Please pardon my ignorance. Do you need to use the harmony remote with the chinavision commands? Once you have the harmony remote you can program it for any device in the library. You only only need the original remote if you'd like to add missing commands. If you have the IR receiver, then try adding the standard MCE remote and keyboards to your device list to see if you have better luck. (credit to hardrock_121) Through harmony software: Add devices: Media...
Thanks gang, I've probably got about 3.5 ~ 4 TB of actual data between movies, pics, music. I'd consider the pictures to be the most important, but smallest group of data. Let's use 4 TB as the amount of actual data to protect in this scenario please. Currently pictures and music stored on one of the 1 TB drives. Some movies are on a different 1 TB drive Just lost about 1.5 TB of movies due to a failed 2TB WD Green drive. (The RMA is in the works. Looking forward to...
Hi Gang, I lost a HD the other day, so naturally I'm going to setup a better scheme to protect my data. Luckily I only lost movies and music...no pictures or personal information. Phew! Ok, so I've got a mismatch of drives. I don't know the exact model numbers: Motherboard has 6 SATA ports, one is used for a BluRay drive. 64 GB - SSD running windows 7 Pro Storage: 500 Gb external Seagate 1 TB WD Caviar Green 1 TB Seagate 2 GB WD Caviar Green (RMA currently...
I just had my 2TB WD Green drive fail on Monday. Currently waiting on a replacement. That's 3 failed WD drives in the past 2 years for me. What does the SMART data on your WD drive show?
I run an nvidia gt440 connected to a Denon AVR-591. The OS is windows 7 pro. The gt440 has the hdmi audio drivers included with the main video card drivers. (Although the recently released drivers did cause my system to hang.) Outside of that I haven't had any problems. Best of luck. Interested to here how it turns out.
Have a headless Windows HTPC/NAS in the basement connected to receiver via HDMI. IR repeater system relays commands to MCE remote IR receiver on the pc. OS on SSD set to never turn off/never sleep. Storage drives sleep after 20 minutes. On the remote, I have a button mapped to the Alt+F4 command to kill programs, then keybaord shortcuts set up to launch xbmc, hulu, mame, etc.... The remote has the keyboard combinations programmed to launch the various programs. Use an...
I just had a similar drive fail on me last night. WD caviar green 2TB. It failed after about 6 months. Looking for a replacement and staying away from WD. I've had good luck with them in the past, must have just gotten a bad one.
No, no optical drive needed. All the content will be provided via network connection.