or Connect

Posts by pereze

I just installed HD in my car as well. I went with Kenwood. I was going to go with Alpine based on previous experiance, but I heard they have been taking features out of their radios. I ended up with the Kenwood KDC-X890 and the Kenwood HD Tuner. It does support HD2, and has some really great other features. So far, I like the HD Radio, but I have problems with one of my favorite stations. 105.3 (in Atlanta) comes in and out of HD which is REALLY annoying. Some...
Well, I am about to try it out for my car. I am getting the kenwood H/U and the Kenwood HD receiver. I am nervous to spend the money, but my hope is I can just return the item if HD is not ready. I really hope it makes a difference in the car because i am just sick of the horrible sound I get from FM. It's ridiculous that people have not complained. I guess everyone is so sidetracked with their Ipods, Cd Players, and everything else. Call me crazy, but I just think...
Thanks for the reply's the problem is I don't know how much it will cost to repair it unless I pay someone $70 to look at it (the 70 can go to the repair if i decide to do it). So I am in a catch 22. If I decide to find out how much it will cost to repair, I am putting $70 at risk and would be throwing it away if its not worth fixing. Maybe I will throw it on Ebay and see if anyone is interested. Right now I am just super pissed because HK is supposed to be a...
Well, As stated in the subject, my reciever is not working. It is about three years old and recently started acting funny. When I would turn on the Multiroom (power by channel 6+7) I would get some sound through my center channel speaker, which happens to be the speaker input right above the two for channel's 6+7. I checked the wires to make sure it was not touching and it wasn't (I use Bannana Plugs for all my wires except the center). A little odd. Then one day...
Wow, funny timing, I have an AVR-525 that is doing the same thing now. I was having some trouble with one of my Multiroom channels and unplugged them. It seemed as though I was also getting some crossing with my center channel somehow. Well, after unplugging them, I used the multiroom out jacks to make sure it was ok. That worked for a minute but Then I tried to turn on the system and the thing won't even turn on. I am going to play with it more tonight, but it won't...
Quote: Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe pereze -- ...The NS75H/85H (about $150/$170 MSRP) puts out a good picture over component inputs and does upconverting over HDMI (for when you upgrade your display). This may be a dumb question, but does the Sony put out a 480p picture over component, but still leaves me with the ability to upgrade my set in the future and use the HDMI then? The Lg sounds pretty good and allows for 1080i/720p over...
I have an older Philips 34" HDTV that is running on a standard DVD Player. The TV only accepts Component Video, so I currently have no need DVI/HDMI. I am looking at purchasing a progressive scan or upconverting player. I like the Harman Kardon DVD 27 and read a little about the Samsung HD850 and then hacking the Component video to upconvert. I also saw that the HD860 was just released, not sure if there is a hack for that. What is going to get me a better/best...
Quote: Originally posted by Greg_R Are you using the 'C weighted' setting? Yes, I think I was. I can't remember the name, but I think it said it was the "max" setting you should use when measuring the output for audio use. Should I not use this setting?
Quote: Originally posted by DMF 80 dB is a loud car. What is it? Toyota 4runner I took the measurement at a stand still. The SUV is actually very quite, which threw me off. Do you think there something wrong with the SPL meter? I just bought it, with brand new 9 volts. Am I reading it incorrectly? Thanks for the help, Eric
OK, New here and have a question. How many DB's is too much. I went out to radio shack and picked up an SPL meter to see how loud my car is and check my home stuff. What is a "normal" reading? My car was at 80 something with nothing on (no ac etc) The radio cranked it to the 90-100 range. Is that normal? If you can point me to a resource, or answer the question, I appreciate the help. Regards, Eric