or Connect

Posts by ShannonT

Thanks for the info! That takes the Onkyo out of the running. And I *think* the x4000 is out of my price range (but, if major selling points emerge, I'm sure I could be persuaded ). Amp Section Any concerns over the amps? The 3808 is rated at 130w / ch while the x3000 is 105. Either would be fine with my current speakers, but I have no idea what my next set could be. I find it interesting that both the x3000 and x4000 weigh more than 10lbs less each than the...
I have a Denon AVR-3808CI that got hit by a lightning surge. Graphically the front panel still functions correctly. All source changes register correctly, I just have no audio or video. I'm guessing it's a blown HDMI board. A very rough estimate on repair puts it in the $250-350 range. I'm trying to determine if it's worth repairing for the sound quality or if I should replace it due to newer technology. Possible replacements under consideration are the Onkyo...
I am excited about the new Kinect and media capabilities of the XB1. Had it been released with media center extender functionality, I would have one in my living room now. I don't own a cable box and have no plans to pay for TV (other than Netflix). I've owned a 360 for years. It's used for media center and occasional family gaming. Any real gaming is reserved for the PC, so I have 0 interest in the PS4. The original Kinect was exciting, but it's shortcomings reduced...
It took me a while to get past the terrible accents, especially Ethan's. But in the end, I thought it was an OK rental. Definitely not a buy.
Does the WD TV Live media streamer support both DVD and BD ISO's? I'm guessing you don't get full HD audio from the BD ISO's?
We cut the cord when we moved to our new home ~4 years ago and installed an outdoor antenna in the attic. I pick up channels clearly as far as 40 miles away. I use Windows Media Center as my DVR connected to two dual HDHomeruns and XBox 360s as extenders. The only thing I've missed is Discovery. We didn't have any premium channels. But man I don't miss the payment. We'll never go back to pay TV. Internet is provided via VzW 3G / 4G, so we do very little streaming. ...
Thanks for the contest
Just curious what the most popular must view extra is.
Another I like I don't believe has been posted yet: “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” My daughter and I always quote Steve Martin's: "Uh wewld lake twe bay a ambherghar."
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." "You don’t need to see his identification … These aren't the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along." "I feel the need, the need for speed!" "I'll hit the breaks and he'll fly right by." "Slider?" *sniff* *sniff* "You stink." "Andy!! You gooney!" "Hey you guys!!" "C'mon Mikey, give me a nice wet lickery kiss!" - Name Mikey changed to fit the situation Not one I quote, but a...