or Connect

Posts by GeekGirl

Well, that didn't take long. I decided to go with the Mad Dog / Dog Pad combo. My husband got his Grado SR225i, so I did a quick compare to my Audio-Technica ATH-A900. Aside from the differences in audio quality, I was immediately bugged with the room noise. To be fair, this was next to a desktop high-horsepower PC which has numerous case fans running. I'm not normally close to this PC, but it was a good test for a worst-case environment. So, I need to have closed...
And I've been away too long. That's a thought- use my OPPO-83, as it has good DACs. Wait a sec, FLAC is not supported. (FLAC is supported on the OPPO-93.) I see a serious need to start a headphone DAC / amp thread. My Soundblaster card probably won't cut it.Is there a significant difference between the Senn HD600 ($384) and HD650 ($500)?Thanks for the link. I found a review on Head-Fi that suggests this model does not have full bass: "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified...
I was afraid of getting the answer you supplied - closed headphones don't cut it for high-end performance. I don't think I'll have the patience (or skills) to mod headphone material, so I think I'll skip on the Fostex (good suggestion, though). To get the next step up, I think I'll have to consider changing the listening environment to one which works with an open headphone. I've been skimming Head-Fi.org and can get around the site a bit easier. If you go by the product...
I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to upgrade my headphones. Currently, I have an Audio-Technica ATH-A900 which was used for gaming on my Xbox 360. I'm not happy with them as audiophile quality, so I'm looking to go the next step (or several steps) up. I'm looking for something over-the-ear that provides good room isolation.I'm also a member of Head-Fi and agree that the content has gone downhill. There is good information, but it's very difficult to find. Having...
I would leave things alone. You're going to win the battle, but lose the war. After everything is setup, she won't care about PQ. Not only that, you'll be constantly deluged with "What button do I push to get what channel?" I setup my parent's TV for OTA and a DVD (they refuse to have cable...). I still get questions about a year later.
I assume you're talking about OTA (Over The Air) broadcast, which is the "ATSC" (Advanced Television Standards Committee) standard. Each broadcast signal is assigned a maximum of so many bits that can fit within a standard 6 MHz channel.The more bits you can stuff into a channel, the more information you have, and the higher the picture quality (PQ). Take a look at Table 4 in The ATSC standard (Active and total bit rates for various formats).Translating into non-tech...
I don't have the UN60D8000, but I'll take a shot. I assume you're using an HDMI interface. Perhaps it's losing the authentication (HDCP - which means copyright protection) and the cable box needs to reset the authorization. Do you see anything on the cable box's front panel, like "DVI" when this occurs? OTOH, it shouldn't happen in the first place. Intermittent problems are tough to figure out, like is it only on one channel? That sort of thing.
Yes, first time on dark skin here as well. I agree with the others to move it to the right side, to the left of the "thumbs up" icon. In that group, you don't need the dark background (separate icon). If you accidentally hit it, who cares? Just cancel. Put the "edit" and "X" in the upper right corner.
I'm here. Yes, I got the darker grid on my QIP-6416. No, I haven't bothered to upgrade it. Nothing on 249.
Buttabean does have a point. There's one week left in the voting. Restart the poll with 80x80, no white background, and use Buttabean's image to replace the lowest scoring avatar? I voted for #2.... *sigh*