or Connect

Posts by jvgillow

Glad I could help out. I've got 2 of the G5BLKs in my home theater now and both of them are still working fine.
Add me to the list of XPR-5 owners, mine arrived on Halloween and I was happy to see the box was in very good condition. It only took 2 days to ship from Franklin TN to my house. After the hauling the box upstairs and checking to make sure the amp powered on I ended up rearranging a lot of gear in my home theater. I was upgrading and simplifying at the same time, my previous configuration used 5 separate Audiosource amps which served me well for the past 3 years. I'm...
Kmart in Columbia, SC on Two Notch Rd has 3 of the 1-arm chairs, sticker price says $131.99.
Yeah I noticed that when I looked them up on the Kmart site a week ago. Shipping cost to buy them online was not unreasonable but the best deal to be had was in-store.
I'm sure $14 3D tickets have nothing to do with it...
Used pair of av123 ELT525T (6.2" W)
Before you buy a new pair of speakers, you may want to try picking up a Denon AVR-1712 from your preferred local electronics store and give it a try. Unless you have a nice acoustically treated room, you may be surprised how much of an improvement Audyssey MultEQ XT can make for music (& movie) listening. If it doesn't sound any better to you, just take it back for a refund. Denon in particular has an option called Audyssey Flat that works great for 2 channel...
Back when I had Athena speakers (AS-F1, B1, B2) I seriously considered upgrading to Ascend CMT-340 SE after getting a chance to hear them at an audio get-together. The sound was similar to Athena but just all-around better. That used to be Ascends best speaker, now they have the Sierra-1 monitor which I haven't had a chance to hear yet. Either of those models will benefit from having a subwoofer, even for music. Another speaker I was impressed with was the Martin Logan...
Did you miss this post above?I think HSU learned their lesson on the VTF3-HO model about taking preorders on a subwoofer that wasn't completed and sitting in the warehouse. IIRC some people were waiting 9 months for their orders.
Looks like at least 3 of us got new subs yesterday The F15SE subs look great, match right up with my piano black mains. I did some manual level setting first, then Audyssey cal and played a bit of music. Then threw some HTTYD, FOTP, and Titan AE in the evening to see what they were capable of . These are the only sealed subwoofers I've used aside from the Axiom EP400 so I was a little apprehensive about total capability, but they certainly deliver. I've got them...