or Connect

Posts by XtremeSki2001

After some chat with the guy I originally bought the bulb from he would not confirm whether it was manufactured by Phillips. Long story short I returned the bulb and he offered a full refund rather then send a replacement (probably because he knew I'd be back once the bulb didn't work). Anyways, thanks for the link ... I bought one from him this AM. Will let everyone know how it goes.
I've confirmed (via the product listing on Amazon) that this is a Sony made replacement bulb - seller has good reviews as does the product. It also comes with a 6 month warranty. Advertised as "Brand New Factory Original Lamp". Since installing it everything was great, but recently the set goes bright/dark in quick succession resulting in a blinking that lasts up to a minute. Once it stops the TV looks great and won't have this blinking problem for almost an hour or...
Yes - for the most part it's working fine but after a bit the picture will flicker and the colors will be a bit off and then it will go away. I emailed the place I bought the lamp from as i suspect it's a faulty lamp
The Panasonic ST/VT sets seem to be better since they've addressed the brightness pops.All I'm saying is I don't see how some accept the gamma shift / brightness pops and characterize them as subtle or a non-issue after paying ~$2k for the set.I'm objective because I don't have any plasma right now and looking for one to purchase. All I'm saying is on the other side of the fence I can't fathom how someone would pay $2k for a set that I would otherwise consider...
Too bad there isn't a way to get the Best Buy guys to show a DVD that displays the color pop. I still have a Song WEGA KDF46E2000 DLP TV, which many people saw the "silk screen" effect, but I never have - so I wonder if I would miss these pops, too.
This is a 32 page thread and the question I feel isn't being asking is this ... If the problem is relatively persistent and happens to most owners of the TV - why do people continue to buy this TV set? As someone looking into Samsungs this seems like a clear sign to stay away from all Samsung D plasmas until the issue is sorted out. What am I missing?
Hey all - great information. Admittedly, I didn't read everything, but a few things I was hoping you all could assist me with. I have the 46E2000 and just has to replace the bulb. First time I turned it on all worked well. Now when I turn it on it blinks green for a while and then blinks red. I click on again and it turns on with no issue. Once it's on it's okay but on occasion it will flicker randomly and I'll see the colors go slightly off - like a different...
Hello All, Everyone helped me buy this TV that I've been very pleased with - so I'm hoping the community can assist me in some troubleshooting. Bought the 46" Sony WEGA (KDF-46E2000) in 2006 and today a warning about the Lamp came up on the TV. Looks like the cost of a new lamp is ~$60 and some are saying I can replace the lamp myself. Is there instructions on the lamp replacement process? Is this step typically recommended prior to purchasing a new TV? For $60...
Perhaps my search terms were not appropriate? In any case, thank you for your help.I'll have to look into the Media Streamers, but I'm really looking for something that doesn't need to leverage a laptop/iPod to play my music. I don't have 150 songs, but 150GB of music.Right now I'm not worried about the quality. I have music that has codecs of mp3, FLAC, etc. Playing straight from MP3 is just fine with me for the time being. It's just getting annoying having to burn...
I've been out of the loop for a while and did a bit of searching for a solution and have come up empty handed. Hoping the AVS crew can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to get rid of my old desktop and minimize space. I have an external 250GB hard drive with about ~150GB of songs on it. Is there a solution out there where I can just hook this external HDD to and browse and play music from this device? Maybe via my TV or a compact music playing...