or Connect

Posts by Bladerunner1959

I liked ESPN 3D BUT....definitley not enough variety. I dont mind wearing my lightweight glasses for a 3D treat here and thre BUT...the source material gotta be rock'n! This doesnt surprise me at all.
Eric, Digimat is right; enjoy your purchase and dont go into remorseville. 10k is probably right but i say it this way; in a dark room imho only the very best plasmas are superior to the es8000. I shopped extensively one year ago (after being predisposed to thinking i was going to get a panny plasma)and put my cash into the es8000 and never looked back. Love it more now than ever, still feels new to me!
Eric, thats why my seat in the house ia always dead center. My family never ever even noticed or mentioned off angle quality. MelonSplitter, go 101st!
Thats good stuff Eric3316.
Thanks Turboman123; i'm really trying to dial in standard to match movie mode color quality (and avoid flashligjhts though rare). I've got color squared away pretty well. I'm falling ever so slightly short in the deatil department ...it's subtle but Samsara tells me so... i'd like to figure this out without the obvious bump in sharpness control.Any other input about dimming reduction other than 46 0n Brightness is greatly appreciated.
Is there a way to turn off auto dimming in Standard mode? Guys, i forget as i think it was mentioned two to three hundred pages back...
ahhh, the movie theater. i just saw the new Star Trek at what is considered a better theater. I observed it all from our POV. All i can say is our 8000 delivers a superior viewing experience. -better blacks -bettet colors -corner to corner sharper -brighter and more vivid without melting the face... Still on Movie mode as the pros still outweigh the cons for me. You guys are all awesome still by the way. Regarding the EVO, i still see no compelling data that even...
For what it"s worth; on my es8000, the warmest/hottest spot on my tv is always where the sticker is (that conceals evo port) next to the hdmi's. My first thought is that the Evo prevents the designed heat dissipation that is needed during normal operation.
For what it"s worth; on my es8000, the warmest/hottest spot on my tv is always where the sticker is (that conceals evo port) next to the hdmi's. My first thought is that the Evo prevents the designed heat dissipation that is needed during normal operation.
....Go Airborne!Awesome job on that review Mavinwow. Your work is superior and I'm very open minded to the data going forward. Since I do not use my es8000 for any SmartHub duties, I have to really see the consensus after multiple videophiles have posted their opinions on picture quality improvement. That said, your reasoning makes sense and for the 200 range, I am not so sure there is any reason not to pick one up someday.Thank you...