or Connect

Posts by Bladerunner1959

10k, your efforts have been absolutely superior. All you can really do is use the best reference material possible in bluray and dial in the best overall settings....imho Outside of bluray, there is so much inconsistency for a variety of reasons , we are always chasing our tale for that perfect setting. My wife was watching True Blood on demand (fios) last night and i saw such a variance from fuzzy pic with odd color to razor-sharp with spot on correct...
Eric3316, your answer is completely understood ,consistent and makes sense since you do like a plasma-ish picture.
If you know me at all, you'll know that I do not consider "professional calibration" anywhere close to where I would enjoy the picture...and I have plugged in many "prof calibrated" settings over time on quite a few tv's...List includes the Sony 35"xbr crt, Toshiba 60" cinema sries rptv, Sony 60" kvl rpLCD as well as this fine unit....IMHO, the prof calibrations (considered accurate..LOL) are always too dim, too much red/brown push, too lifeless...for my tastes.That said...
I have to agree with Mavinwow on color here as I once used native in standard but then realized certain inaccuracy and judged that too be way oversaturated with glowing greens and neon magenta / fuscia's etc etc....Skin tone quality (especially in Afro American) is definitively better and more realistic with my settingsIMHO...Movie mode produces sharper more detailed picture on things such as teeth, lips, eyes as well as some other items.IMHO...on my 60es8000 the color is...
I hear ya Glenee. I have always said BLACK is NOT the only important factor...whites must also be accurate.I always say the kuro was the best PQ in its day...., i always thought the kuro was a tad overrated meaning as great as it was/is , i never thought it was quite as lifelike as described, especially at those dollars. Just like today, the Elite is a tad overrated.BUT... all that said, in total compliment, the gap between kuro and any 2nd best then was IMHO much wider...
Coreydt, your efforts are much appreciated. Excellent first wave reporting. I will remain on the sideline until more data rolls in.
Hey Eagle, by chance does this Sammy remote work another component as well such as a soundbar or is it for the TV only?I hope all works out for you with the f8000.
OuggaBooga.."the f8000, i call ur bluff. i love the f8500 but it is not mountains better then 8000, it is better but not hugely. i will prolly get a "g or h" 8500 plasma next since they are looking pretty damn close to oled PQ wise."... Completely agree. No panel on the planet "destroys" the F8000. The F8500 was mountains better than the vt50....destroying it IMHO
Eric3316, it was a vt50, i was hoping to see a vt60...
Rico, agreed..the f8500 IMHO destroyed the vt50 next to it. Was not even close except in blacks. Obviously as hot as i think the 8500 is i would be hesitant to own a plasma.