or Connect

Posts by COLAVSFANINNWIA

Also delete 46.2 from Sioux Falls. NBC no longer has their weather channel. Weather Plus I think it was called.P.S. To Dave M in Sioux City. Sorry to hear about you and KTIV. Thanks for your continuation of knowledge to this forum and may that knowledge find you well.
Taken from fcc.gov website on an application dated 09/24/2008 granting an extension on the construction permit that had expired on 08/18/2008. "The antenna and transmission lines are scheduled to be installed at the new site on September 15, 2008, and the transmitter is scheduled to arrive between the last week of September and the first week of October. It is anticipated that KTTW-DT will be ready for operation by the middle of October. Since grant of the Permit,...
Hey, weve been semi-ontopic this whole time... I will reply to your last comment first about jitteryness... I see it all the time on any channel regardless if its SD or HD intermitantly (it could be the DVR reciever, or midco's equipment)... I dont mind FSN or the announcers at all , even the SD feed of FSN... Infact, I would be rooting for the Wild if they were playing any other team... I was lucky tonight to be able to watch the NHL Center Ice game, which was the Avs...
If the puck goes around the wall, its icing. Lucky bounce off the wall for the Wild, it happens. But all the games have been good ones, lets see what happens tonight. One thing I can't stand is that stupid KCPO station picking up the feed of the game, that forces Midco to black out the VS. feeds, including a beautiful HD feed... And KCPO's picture quality is less than SD IMHO.
No, this is what KTTW is currently broadcasting at: Effective Radiated Power (ERP): 0.022 kW ERP Antenna Height Above Average Terrain: 96. meters HAAT -- Calculate HAAT Antenna Height Above Mean Sea Level: 540. meters AMSL Antenna Height Above Ground Level: 0. meters AGL Note the ERP: that would be 22 watts. lol
2 things posted on the FCC website that may shed some light on KTTW DT. Posted Feb 14 2008 they did apply to modify their original constuction permit from 7.5 kW to 5kW however, raise the height from 217.6m to 327.6m on the same tower as KDLT. And just posted today Feb 21 2008 they expect to start constructing 05/01/2008 and (as of right now) the current constructed deadline (that can always be extended) is 05/18/2008. "IT IS HOPED THAT THE STATION'S POST-TRANSITION...
I even talked to Midco last week, and of course the "tech support" guy knew nothing about the QAM channels...
Hmm well i have the same package as you (i think), but i put in a splitter from the wall, one into my tv input which says it has a QAM tuner, and the other into my HD DVR box but my T.V. does not recognize any digital channels ( i am specifically trying channels 84 and 109) it just switches back over to analog cable after trying for a digital signal...
Does Midco broadcast any of the S.F. locals in HD in the clear with their Classic Cable package. I.E. if your T.V. had a Qam tuner?
Yeah, KTTW DT broadcasts with less power than a lightbulb from their tower in SW Sioux Falls not sure why PBS is hard to get they are in NE SF but I am also downtown Sioux Falls now (despite my username) and I cannot get PBS or FOX DT either... But I get Midco digital so I get HD with my box...