or Connect

Posts by AV Doogie

Nitrogen injection will not make a difference.....except to the marketing folks. If this cable is truly a 'high speed' rated cable, then you can expect it to work as well as any other high speed rated cable for HDMI
I use a Megger DLRO unit to perform contact resistance measurements on electrical protective equipment (Circuit breakers, disconnects, etc.). Whether using the 10A or 100A version of these devices, the contact resistance measurements can be accurate to a few micro-ohms with a calibrated instrument. The problem here is how do you take the measurement without adding a substantial amount of resistance by installing connectors at the wire ends for testing purposes. The...
You could probably build your equipment into a plastic/metallic cabinet (similar to a whole house distribution panel with cover). You would probably need to plug in some sort of wall wart power supply to an outlet, so you would need to install an outlet box with romex/conduit and wire to the outlet to power the equipment within the cabinet. something like this may work for...
Are you using the monoblocks for just the fronts? Those are nice looking amps. I thought they would be much smaller though... being class D amplifiers. Can these amps be stacked in a rack or must they be installed on the base near the speakers as you have them?
...Steve, have you taken any pics of the new amps within your system?
A couple of questions/notes: 1) Are you looking to do stereo or mono audio? 2) Why do you need to have 500W of amplifier power? ( I assume by the MTX amp information this is a 500W class D mono amplifier?) 3) To fit the profile you are looking at I would think something like this would work with cost/size savings http://www.mtx.com/portable-speaker 4) #3 above could be driven with any MP3 or phone music system, amps are built into each speaker, and the batteries are...
You are welcome Cal68, For the record, I do not use nor need to use any power conditioning in my MA rack. The power supplies in well designed/built equipment will not care about short term voltage fluctuations or the typical voltage swings we see from day to night on the utility system. Surge Protection at the main service entrance should be the first step to protect equipment. Overvoltage let-through from the service entrance which is not suppressed can then be dealt...
While the SurgeX products may be very nice (expensive) 'filters' which can be used to suppress overvoltages within your residence, they are not technically considered surge suppressors since they do not submit to the same testing requirements under UL as a 'typical' SPD device. All point of use type units can provide overvoltage suppression within the environment you are looking at here, but at a reduced level of protection from a unit installed at the electrical service...
Do you have enough room in the rack to install the vented plates on top and bottom of rack? This would provide convective cooling!
Unless you are located in an area with horrible power quality and a poor distribution system, the majority of noise and power quality issues will be caused by your household appliances, computers and systems (this number is generally >90%). I would suggest a high quality surge suppression device at the main panel (whole house rated unit), with a check on the grounding/bonding system at your residence. The equipment which exists to provide the type of protection you are...