or Connect

Posts by Paulidan

AVS has the bulb available at a good price. If you still have some life left on your current bulb, now is a good time to replace it- and keep the old one around for an emergency (or if the new one goes bad prematurely). No mods needed with the 5009S. Very simple change out- unscrew 3 or 4 screws, pull the old lamp out by the handle, push the new one, screw it back.
For some reason the HDMI ports on my beloved FPJ1 have suddenly stopped working. Till now this has been by far my favorite piece of HT gear I've ever owned. I really had no complaints with it at all and was even planning to purchase a new bulb in the next couple months, hoping to ride another 4 out of it. I was planning to send it in and get it fixed, which I still may do at some point, but the more I think about dropping $1K on a repair, the more I think I'll just pick up...
That can't possibly have been what happened to mine as I boxed it up when I went on the road (as I do every time I have an extended road trip) and just unboxed it now. It was working perfectly before it went in the box, now it doesn't recognize a signal on either input.Thanks for the thoughts on the repair though. I'm really torn on what to do now. It seems replacing it with a newer model JVC is leaving me open to all the bulb issues people have been having the last few...
All of a sudden the HDMI ports on my FPJ1 aren't working. I really love this pj, but am a quite a bit bummed that I'm now looking at a major repair with less than 1600 hrs on the unit. Is this likely to be a costly ( close to $1K) repair? Should I just start looking around for something else?
I sent an email to Larry several weeks back about my now non functioning Darbee, but never heard back. Does anyone know if the stated 1 yr warranty on the website applies retroactively to Darbees purchased back in December? Would still like to get this unit replaced with a fully functioning one. One month of use for $250+ isn't a great deal in my eyes.
Thanks for the email addy. I'll shoot one off to him shortly. I needed to wait a few days for my ire to fade so i can communicate like a reasonable person.Failing any satisfactory resolution to that I may just take GGG's advice.While it is annoying not be able to use something that is essentially still new, the more bothersome thing to me is that the company made a conscious choice in making the warranty only 90 days.You are selling your product to a certain segment of HT...
I don't see how. The warranty was up several months ago- even though I only used it for a month. Build quality is clearly not substantial enough for them to warranty it past 90 days. I'm happy that other people's devices are still working properly. It was nice while it lasted. In the realm of tweaks the effect was subtle, but it was detectable and I did have it on whenever I would use my pj.But this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Might as well have flushed $250 down...
yupyeah I should still be able to access the features at the device itself.I probably shouldn't be surprised it only lasted for one month of actual use-as soon as you open the box you can see it's just light, cheap piece of plastic... that comes with a whopping 90 day warranty That's a big honking clue about how much faith its own manufacturer has in it.
It's not that it blinks- the green light comes on immediately when the unit is plugged in, but it only lasts a split second. it cuts out just as quick and the thing becomes completely unresponsive- from the remote or the buttons directly on the device. And I have no clue why after having shelved it for 5 months, it would now be doing this. It worked fine all the way up until I first boxed it up.
Does anyone know why my Darbee will flash it's green light as soon as it'd plugged in, but then apparently go dead a second later- no response from the remote and no green light? I bought it back in Nov or Dec when someone had it on sale. Worked just fine for the month after that- then I packed it back up, along with the rest of my HT gear when I had to go on the road in Jan. I got back in early May and this is my first time pulling it out to use it again- and it seems to...