or Connect

Posts by jmpage2

If I had to stare up over a fireplace to watch TV in my great room you'd be better off just scooping my eyes out with a melon baller.
Yeah that would explain it then. Bummer.
Control box is already installed in the bottom of the cabinet which the TV is suspended over on a large mounting arm... so probably a good 30" or more away.With the Denons does it not disable the IR receiver in the front when you plug the cable into the "IR in" port in the back? This has been the case with all of my other AVRs. There is a partial line of sight to the bottom of the cabinet where the AVR is and I wonder if this is a crosstalk problem between the IR coming...
Panasonic VT30. The lamp on the Xantech is always lit when the plasma is on but I just put a piece of tape over it.
I did a google search and saw that someone in another forum posted that they had the exact same problem with the same two components. I am using a Harmony One.One possible problem is interference from my plasma. It has not been a problem with my other gear but the model of Xantech I am using is not as well shielded as the newer generation devices.I have already tried another port in the extender block but I will consider trying another mono plug.In the interim I am using...
Just a little update on my situation. The refurb vendor of my X4000 agreed to take it back (they actually had me ship it directly to Denon) and refund my money. My super awesome wife then purchased one for me direct through Amazon (brand new) using some of her massive stack of credit card points (who knew those were actually good for anything). New unit is working well after doing calibration and updating firmware... at least in a 90 minute stress test with the film...
You should probably put this in context as he was just saying his CC budget was $150 and he got an AVR that goes for about $199.
Honestly the biggest issue I have had with in ceiling speakers is having enclosure rattles or problems with the walls rattling at theater type listening levels. I had some budget cambridge speakers installed in the ceiling when I bought the home and just a year or so ago I finally broke down and purchased something "decent", which was a set of Definitive UIW RCS III speakers. They are bipolar speakers designed more for theater listening then audio but still sound pretty...
PSB is typically quite wiling to answer these questions for you. You can open a quick account at the PSB Lounge and see what center channels they recommend at the lower end of their range that will properly match with the towers you have.If the Yamaha will drive the speakers at the volumes you listen at without clipping then you are fine until some feature-gap etc causes you to upgrade. If the Yamaha won't do the job there are some very good used AVRs out there for...
The unit is a refurb and they already offered to replace it with another one... however, this might have soured me on Denon refurbs permanently.