or Connect

Posts by jmpage2

Can anyone say if the X4000 is soldiering on through 2014 or is a replacement model due out from Denon this spring? My Onkyo 818 is acting up and I might have to replace it. X4000 seems to fit the bill but I would be kicking myself if a "X4010" or similar with HDMI 2.0 was going to be released in just a couple of months. Thanks!
Well it looks like I jinxed myself. My 818 has started to exhibit the previously described issue of "no audio" on HDMI sources. I will boot the AVR up to an input assigned HDMI and instead of audio I will get picture only. Display shows "All Ch Stereo". This has happened a few times in the past, most noticeably I saw it do this a few times after I replaced my PS3 with a PS4. Unfortunately it appears that it is now doing it on a variety of inputs. Usually powering it...
Mine has done this maybe 3 times in the past year. Each time I just power it off via remote and power it back up and it clears it. Not enough of a problem for me to be particularly bothered by it right now.
You are leaving things very open ended, so yes I agree with you, at some point in the "future" it will happen.I am not ready to make the conversion with the state of things today though, Disney pulling titles is just one reason I'm not ready to switch to DRM digital downloads.
I'm right there with you. I would frankly be pretty ticked off if I paid for a stream or download and then later couldn't access it. No concerns of that with my old school physical discs.
This seemed to be a late but relevant entry into this discussion; http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1659904 Disney has pulled titles from the Apple and Amazon download stores. This won't be the last time this kind of thing happens. You don't own a download or stream. You do own physical media and they can't show up at your house and take it away due to some licensing snafu.
Why did you turn the media server on if you are using a Dune? Media server is so that you can send files via DLNA.I have no idea if removing the Media Server package will remove those shares, but I doubt it.
No worries, happy to help, I hadn't seen your post until quite a while after you mentioned that you did not know how to remove it.I'm looking forward to what Synology might be able to do with the 2014 models, perhaps give me an excuse to upgrade my awesome DS1511+ to something that can actually do a halfway decent job of running Plex.
Click on storage manager, go to the volume tab (if not already there), select the volume and then select "remove".Pretty easy stuff and pretty intuitive.
It will take around 12-24 hours to expand the volume with a new disk. That's normal and the operation of the system is normal while that is happening you just can't manipulate the volume in other ways.If you have no data on the volume you can destroy the volume and re-create it with all disks and it will create the volume more quickly but it will still run a parity check that will take up to 24 hours to complete.